“great staff and interiors. Room service food is good but...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #78 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms. HUGE for New York. New hotel so very clearn as well. Great location - close to LES, Soho, and in China town. If you don't like crowds then a Chinatown location may not be for you. My room was very quiet and had a great unobstructed view of the Empire State & Chrysler buildings. The rooftop lounge was completely empty which was great for us. We had the roof to ourselves with a 270 view of the city. Drinks were relatively inexpensive too. I didn't hang out in the lounge itself but the roof was great. The only negative was that when my room wasn't ready at 2:45, and I complained b/c I really needed to make a call over wifi in a quiet place, they said "we only guarantee the room for 3pm". I had to make the call in the corner of the bar with poor wifi. Not a big deal I guess, but then the room wasn't ready at 3pm for my husband to check in. So they shouldnt use the word "guarantee" when it isn't. Oh yeah, and I'd booked a King room through travelzoo and I got an email two weeks earlier saying they had a scheduling error and it's actually a queen. But given the price and how close to the trip it was, I couldn't really do anything about it. I'd stay here again if able to get a mid-week deal again.

Room Tip: I think odd rooms should have the north view of the city. South view would include bridges, freedom...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dave F, Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel, we agree the view is fantastic and the location can be quite fun being that it is in the middle of Chinatown and so close to so many other great neighborhoods! Also thank you for your feedback regarding the wait time for your room, it is our commitment to have our rooms ready for our guests right as they check in, we do apologize that we were not able to meet that need for you. We hope that we will be seeing you and your husband visiting our hotel again in the future!
Lake Spivey, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I was visiting New York because my daughter recently relocated there. We were interested in having a cocktail with a view and found Elevate at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown. It was the icing on the cake to a fabulous day in Manhattan. We were there at sunset and stayed until the lights of the city started to twinkle everywhere around us. It was magical!

Room Tip: Don't know. I stayed at my daughter's apartment. We were in the city to see the sights.
Green Features: I am not sure what they are, but I do know that Wyndham Garden Hotels are generally quite environmentally-friendly.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am so happy you were able to come and enjoy the wonderful view from our rooftop lounge, it is quite remarkable! The next time you come to New York to visit your daughter hopefully we will be your choice spot!
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

First let me say that the hotel was clean and the staff very pleasant. For what I paid through Expedia, I can not really complain too much. I feel that there were some design flaws that should be taken care of by Wyndham. The bathroom is nice looking, but there are no towel racks for the hand towels or washcloths. The only place to hang towels is a tiny hook next to the shower. This does not work especially if 2 people are sharing the room. Face and hand towels had to sit on the counter. The modern glass wall shower also did not work with my daughter, The entire bathroom floor was soaked after she took a shower. I could see someone slipping due to water on the floor. The entry way to our room had a light, but it was still dark and the safety box is located on the bottom shelf of an armoire in the entry. You have to get down on your hand and knees to use the safety box and the area was dark at least in our room. This was not are real problem for me, but if I had been older it would not work. The first day, we stopped back at our room at 2 and the room was not clean. Then next day, the room was not cleaned at all. However, when the room was cleaned, they did a nice job. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was very good. The hotel is located in Chinatown which worked for me for this particular trip, but I did not find it a desirable area, rather dirty. But, it is a short walk to more desirable Little Italy and Nolita, Soho. The hotel is a short 5-10 minute walk to the subway which serviced almost all lines.

Green Features: We would have liked for the hotel to be environmentally friendly. Had we a place to put our wet towels, we would have used them again. When there was no place to put our towels we simply dropped them on the floor to be washed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We understand that our hotel might be a bit different than some people are used to when it comes to the layout and location, but we are very happy that you enjoyed the other great features of our hotel! It's great to hear that our staff gave you great service and that you were able to get around to the surrounding neighborhoods so easily. Thanks for your recommendation, and we certainly hope to see you again at the Wyndham Garden Chinatown!
Antrim, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed for 5 days in Queens room, great size, comfy beds, friendly staff! Consider of the location, I couldn't hear the traffic or noise from outside which I'm very happy with!
Lots of restaurant around n 2 mins walk to subway.
Only one thing I didn't like was the shower, just walk in cubical but with no doors so water is every where after one shower n shower head is not attach to the ceiling n was on the side which makes it a bit difficult to wash my hair! Not sure if it's just my room or not.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator. There's two rooms as facing directly to the elevator which I can...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Chinatown. I sincerely apologize our bathroom design did not fit your needs please know that your comments have been shared with our management team. Again thank you and we hope that we will be seeing you again in the future!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Great couples place. The staff accommodated luggage storage and car valet prior to check in so we could take off into the city. This is a new hotel and the views from the rooms are great. The rooftop lounge is also very cool. Your right in Chinatown, but just a couple blocks from Little Italy. Also only a block or so from a subway stop. The bed was super comfortable and the room size was fine. It didn't need to be big since we were out on the town most of the time. The price for all of this is very good and if this hotel was near Times Square it would be 3 times more.

Even though this is a brand new hotel, it feels like your part of the neighborhood. Had a couple of drinks and appetizers at the outside seating for the hotel restaurant, and felt like half of the people were business folk from the local businesses.

I would go back in a heartbeat. Oh yeah...Soho and Broadway shopping were just a couple of blocks past Little Italy.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better. We were on the 8th floor and noise was lower than street level and view w...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Wyndham Garden Chinatown. I am glad to hear that we could meet your needs with our facilities and location. Indeed our location is perfect for guests wishing to venture out and enjoy the city as we are close to so many great neighborhoods. Thank you again for choosing our property, we look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Been to Wyndham Garden Chinatown? Share your experiences!