“Good focaccia, but best are the cartuccios” 4 of 5 stars
Review of IL Cantuccio Biscotti di Leonardo

IL Cantuccio Biscotti di Leonardo
91 Christopher St, New York City, NY (West Village)
212 647-8787
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: West Village
Neighborhood: West Village
PARIS
“Good focaccia, but best are the cartuccios”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Excellent focaccias, fresh, oily and chewy, but the best are the cartuccios, delicious, and cheap, great value for money at lunch or tea time

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Best in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Ever since I moved to the west village in March, I have been here a couple of times a week. For good reason. Their coffee is excellent and their pastries are delicious. The staff are super welcoming too. Give them a wink and a smile and they'll give you one of their delicious biscuits to enjoy along with your coffee. No doubt, the best café in NYC.

New York City, New York
“The BEST foccacia and biscotti ever!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The group I was with, including myself, could not get enough of the tomato and olive focaccia and all the amazing choices of biscotti (the apricot and the prune ones a fave). If you are in the Christopher Street area, this is an absolute MUST!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Addictive Leonardos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The biscotti, soft, is made daily. Once you have had it you will need to return on a regular basis. Lucky if you dont live in NYC, they ship.
The focaccia is the best I have ever eaten. The prices are not outrageously expensive consider the quality and exquisite taste.

Visited August 2013
Charlotte, NC
“Tuscan Sweet & Savory Items--Wonderful Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a find! This is an Italian (Tuscan) café that uses entirely authentic recipes when preparing their biscotti, bread, pizza, and focaccia menu items (including Italian sandwiches). They produce baked goods that are of superior quality. The biscotti and cookies will cost you about $1 each. They give generous samples of biscotti, cookies, and focaccia..don't take them, you'll be hooked. We found this gem on a Saturday afternoon and liked it so much, we returned the next day. The staff recognized us and welcomed us like family. I had a tomato and olive slice of focaccia and ate it at room temperature (they asked if I wanted it heated). The taste exploded in my mouth and I had to force myself to eat only one slice. Their sandwiches looked great but we were too full after enjoying their samples and purchased items. On weekends they make Italian donuts...light, airy and full of flavor and no grease. They had sample donut holes and everyone I saw that tried one, bought one. If you watch them make a cappuccino and order one, you may never order one from your coffee mega-mart every again. Simply no comparison. The sandwiches were priced around $6 and I wish I had gotten a couple to go. Quality and pride in everything they do. I've never eaten better baked goods anywhere. One bite and you're in Italy. Nice people and they love their craft.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere