“The BEST foccacia and biscotti ever!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,406 of 11,587 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
New York City, New York
“The BEST foccacia and biscotti ever!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The group I was with, including myself, could not get enough of the tomato and olive focaccia and all the amazing choices of biscotti (the apricot and the prune ones a fave). If you are in the Christopher Street area, this is an absolute MUST!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Addictive Leonardos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The biscotti, soft, is made daily. Once you have had it you will need to return on a regular basis. Lucky if you dont live in NYC, they ship.
The focaccia is the best I have ever eaten. The prices are not outrageously expensive consider the quality and exquisite taste.

Visited August 2013
Charlotte, NC
“Tuscan Sweet & Savory Items--Wonderful Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a find! This is an Italian (Tuscan) café that uses entirely authentic recipes when preparing their biscotti, bread, pizza, and focaccia menu items (including Italian sandwiches). They produce baked goods that are of superior quality. The biscotti and cookies will cost you about $1 each. They give generous samples of biscotti, cookies, and focaccia..don't take them, you'll be hooked. We found this gem on a Saturday afternoon and liked it so much, we returned the next day. The staff recognized us and welcomed us like family. I had a tomato and olive slice of focaccia and ate it at room temperature (they asked if I wanted it heated). The taste exploded in my mouth and I had to force myself to eat only one slice. Their sandwiches looked great but we were too full after enjoying their samples and purchased items. On weekends they make Italian donuts...light, airy and full of flavor and no grease. They had sample donut holes and everyone I saw that tried one, bought one. If you watch them make a cappuccino and order one, you may never order one from your coffee mega-mart every again. Simply no comparison. The sandwiches were priced around $6 and I wish I had gotten a couple to go. Quality and pride in everything they do. I've never eaten better baked goods anywhere. One bite and you're in Italy. Nice people and they love their craft.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Real italian food in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

As an italian living in NYC I need to have some places where I can feel at home even if 8000 km away from it. One of these places is il Cantuccio. I hang out here at least twice per week if not even more. I always buy la focaccia semplice to bring back home as bread and I always eat their pizza Manhattan or their Margherita for lunch. Their coffee, especially the espresso is really good. Also you must try their Cantucci, that is a typical italian cookie. I love the one with chocolate.
Italian music and atmosphere are guaranteed as well.

Visited March 2013
BAAR
“Great italian breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

A great place to have breakfast in West Village. Try the sweet brioches or the croissants with nutella or get one of sandwiches- all is made fresh and delicious.