“Sweet” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Evansville, Indiana, United States
“Sweet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

So much fun and the sweet treats were great. Not a large place so we had to take it to go and enjoy in our room. Lemon Bars & assortment of cookies. All very good, just wished Pauley Perette had been there. Big NCIS fans

Homestead, FL
“Hidden gem bakery in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon DB by chance while I was looking for a bakery near our hotel in Times Square. One word- GO!! We tried 4 things bc we couldn't decide. Bacon biscuit(divine), berry muffin(fresh out of the oven, crunchy topping,delicious), cheddar cornbread (amazing, I love sweet cornbread and this was just right), and too full yet to try the oatmeal brownie with Choc frosting but it looks scrumptious!! Each had their own deliciousness. I will def go out of my way to come here again while in the city. Darren is super funny and quirky and added to the whole experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Superb gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Bijoux but uber fab - fabulous pastries, fresh juice and coffee. Banana scones and sweet cornbread filled with raspberry jam worth a trip to NYC just for them!

nl
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had read that the cornbread was phenomenal as were the biscuits......meh, just okay IMHO. I expected the cornbread to taste like cornbread which it did not.....more like a muffin. I've had better.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stopped here for a treat on my way to try the lottery for Book of Mormon. Everything looked decadently delicious and I liked the story behind the bakery, how it specializes in homemade southern baked goods and is inspired by, and even named after, one of the owner's mothers. It sounded so charming, especially since I've lived in the deep South for over 40 years. I chose the peanut butter cookie. While I don't think there's such a thing as a bad cookie, this one came the closest. It just wasn't very tasty and was unappealing. If I lived in New York, I'd probably go back and sample a few things to hopefully discover what they do well. It just isn't the peanut butter cookie.

• Visited March 2013