“Turkish food to die for in a hole in the wall” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6,086 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Are you hungry in New York? Welcome to Limon Restaurant, where you can find great Turkish food available for delivery or takeout. Check out our online menu and place an order from our site. Don’t want to order now? Visit us at 238 E. 24th St.
Irvine, California
“Turkish food to die for in a hole in the wall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

When I see a glowing review of a hole in the wall ethnic restaurant my natural response is to discount it because probably (a) the reviewer doesn't know the cuisine and (b) they are judging more on price than on quality. Limon is your classic hole in the wall restaurant, complete with a table that wobbles. But, forget the ambience, this is just great food. The spinach cheese pastry was the best I've ever had (better than in the Greek, Armenian and Turkish restaurants that I have had this dish) and the tarama (taramosolata in Greek restaurants), a whipped dish with egg roe, was also delicious and lighter than air. And the sliced lamb cut with a fork. Moreover, the service couldn't have been better, with a sweet waitress who was newly come to the U.S. who was delighted to tell us about the food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Four star cuisine, but the BYOB earns an extra star!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place is tiny, as others have noted, but they do take reservations. It's very good Turkish food with generous portion sizes. We started with the hummus, eggplant blend, cacik (yogurt with dill and garlic), and grapeleaves. All got raves. For the main course, I had the kebab dish with lamb, and the meat was very good and the accompanying squash was delicious. I don't eat rice, but my colleague ate it and said it was great. The baklava was pretty good, and the rice pudding got raves. The decor is barebones, but not ugly. The server was attentive, no problems there.

BUT the extra star is because this place is BYOB with no corkage fee! For six of us, the bill was only $150, which was great, AND we got to drink the wine we wanted!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Tiny but nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a tiny Turkish restaurant....the food is very good, the staff is very friendly and you can bring your own wine if you want. We liked it everything!

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“A VERY modest little place with good Turkish food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Limon is a TINY restaurant with maybe 10 tables in a very casual and modest setting but it offers surprises as the food is good. The eggplant spread which I had as an appetizer was delicious and the swordfish which I chose as my entree was moist and delicious. I went with friends who live in the immediate area and had discovered this place. They were wise enough to make a reservation because even though we went very early (around 6p.m), the restaurant quickly filled up, clearly with repeat customers. It was easy to understand why.

• Visited February 2012