“Gluten Free Pizza Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
San Diego, California
“Gluten Free Pizza Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Being diagnosed with a gluten allergy over a year ago, I have tried numerous gluten free pizzas. Some have been disgusting, some have literally made me sick, some have been ok, or even at best pretty good. This pizza was magic. Not only was the flavor good, but the texture felt like I was eating a "real" pizza. I so wish I could bring them back home with me. One of our other diners had a calzone, which she enjoyed.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
“Dishonest”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have been here a few weeks ago, and we were shoched by the dishonesty regarding the method of payment. They crawled twice our credit card.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West New York, New Jersey
“Good Pizza in NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

It is saying a lot! Pizza is abundant in NYC - to be good, it takes a lot and this place has it. The pizza is fresh & tasty and different from most of pizza places in NYC - if you expect domino style pizza - this place ain't it. If you want a true & authentic Neapolitan pizza , check it out. Every time we visited, we had to wait a while for a table. The place is not big and it is always packed! The service is ok - the food come out pretty quickly. We always ordered Montanarine for appetizer and one of the pizza special to share. The pie isn't as big as NY style one, so one is good enough for two people. We love this place!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Italy
“Unusual but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We liked very much the location and the place. The staff was very nice, the service fast and attentive, the price reasonable. We had the Montanara Starita, the slightly fried pizza. Well, it's unusual, in Italy you don't eat anything like it, but it was interesting, although I would recommend more traditional pizzas.The 'margherita' which my daughter ordered was delicious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“The best pizza I have had in my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

By far the best pizza I have had in my life! My friend had checked the internet before our trip for some "best of" places and this pizza place was on the list. We weren't sure what to get so we asked the server. She said that they are best known for their Montanara Starita pizza (a lightly fried pizza with Starita tomato sauce and smoked buffalo mozza) . Any of the Pizze Speciale are unique to Don Antonio, while the rest are classics that can be found at most places. So we ordered the Montanara Starita and the Pistacchio e Salsiccia (pistachios, sausage, homemade mozza, pecorino romano, basil). Both were absolutely excellent in their own ways! I will definitely hit this place again when I return to New York!

• Visited August 2013