“First Taste of Pizza in NYC” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Leeds
“First Taste of Pizza in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Called in here on my recent trip to new York, the restaurant has a nice ambiance, the staff are pleasant and the food/cocktails are good! I couldn't eat all my pizza so they put it in a takeaway tray for me to eat later which was a bonus! Would visit here again for sure.

• Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were led here by the Tripadvisor reviews and all boded well - nice, simple surroundings, tempting menu, excellent wine list and absolutely lovely service. The only thing that let it down was...the pizza. The toppings were rather sloppy and, much worse, patchily cold. What's more, the bases, of which we expected a great deal, were heavy and rather lumpen. Judging by all the other reviews maybe we were just unlucky but we left feeling underwhelmed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Amazing pizza!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

On my first night in New York we decided to look up good pizza restaurants. This one had good reviews so we went. We were seated straight away around 9pm on a Wednesday and the service was really good. I had a local beer which was great and the pizzas came quickly. The pizza was absolutely amazing it really was. I am a big pizza eater and I think it's the best pizza I've ever had in a restaurant. I highly recommend this restaurant and if I ever return to New York it will most definitely be on the list. Well priced and great food.

Sydney, Australia
“I'm not a massive pizza fan, but don't miss this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were lucky enough to be staying in the same block as Don Antonio's, so naturally we ended up there one evening we were a little exhausted after our adventures in New York.
The staff are all Italian, and in fact many seem to have English as their second language, which somehow makes it all seem more authentic, right ; )

Like a said in my title, I am not a massive pizza fan, however the authentic nature of this pizza blew my husband and I away. We had the specialty, “Montanara Starita”, which is flash-fried pizza dough topped with signature Starita tomato sauce and imported smoked buffalo mozzarella, finished in the wood burning oven. Beautiful simplicity.

We countered that with one of their Bianche pizzas (without tomato sauce) which was a special for the evening with a porcini mushroom paste, zuchinni, mozzarella and speck. It was incredible!

The bar staff are lovely and you could quite happily sit up at the bar with your pizza and a glass of red on your own.

DO NOT MISS THIS if you love pizza, and even if you need to convinced!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We looked around for a light fare before we went to an Off-Broadway show and we found this gem.
We were there by 6:15 on a Saturday nigh - needing a table for 4 - and we had no wait. The pizzas were easily shared by two and the salad before was also large enough to share.

I would definitely return here!