“Good Value for your money.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3,045 of 11,596 restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Varde, Denmark
“Good Value for your money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This small restaurant comes with good service and really delicious food. Their iced thai tea is recommendable. we tried three different courses from the menu and everything was tasteful and good. We would go again!

Visited July 2013

93% Recommend
PA
“A cozy tasty Thai place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We love Thai food and have high expectations when we go to a Thai restaurant. We searched for a nearby Thai place when we were in NYC recently and decided to try out Little Basil.
Little Basil is a small and nicely decorated. The soups are flavorful. When the menu indicates hot it is of good heat. The Crispy Duck was perfect - moist meat w/ light crisp non-greasy skin - Yum! The food is fresh, authentic and well prepared and very reasonably priced. The alcohol is BYOB. I would definitely return when in town or do the take out.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NYC
“A great Thai gem in Gramercy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had a longer lunch break than usual so I had time to actually sit in a restaurant. It was my first Thai experience and my friend recommended Little Basil. I'm so glad she did! We chose from the awesome lunch menu. I had the tom yum soup and vegetable spring rolls to start. The soup was interesting. It was good but had a very different taste. The spring rolls were perfect. They were nice and crispy. My friend had the steamed dumplings and raved about them. My friend had chicken pad Thai for her entree and I had chicken pad khing. We were both very satisfied. I tried hers and it was very good. I loved mine. It's a very tiny restaurant but it was ok for us because it wasn't the lunch hour peak or else I would imagine the wait would get long.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax, Canada
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

A nice little thai restaurant off the beaten path.
Service was quick and friendly, and the prices are great.

Living in Atlantic Canada, I like to sniff out thai food whenever I'm away, and I was definitely impressed with this place. Would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
new york city
“Oh my Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is my absolutely favorite new Thai restaurant. It`s small serene ambience with wonderful no rush service and very fulfilling portion oh did i mention delicious food is my Thai go to place. They do alot of take out but i`ll save that for cold winter nights.

• Visited April 2013