“Nice Private Rooms, Kind of Out of the Way...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Envoy Club Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Envoy Club Suites to your Saves list
Envoy Club Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   377 East 33rd Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #392 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice Private Rooms, Kind of Out of the Way...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

When you enter the building it almost seems as if you are in the wrong place, from what I understand the "hotel" is just a few floors of an apartment building, it was walking distance from a subway, but in the January cold it was a little longer walk than I would have liked. I loved the full kitchen included in the room. The bed was comfortable, the TV was nice. I really don't have too many complaints about the room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CupKate11

Coquitlam, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Do you enjoy a shower that turns into a bath immediately? Or a showath as we liked to call it. How about stained, dirty...and I mean filthy...carpets that have never seen a vacuum? And who doesn't like the smell or better yet the sight of white furry mould? On day 3 of our stay our friends realized that the a/c was leaking and had soaked their suitcase. Now their clothes smelled like mildew. Seriously...the subway floors were cleaner. The kicker is apparently sick kids stay here when they get treatment at the hospital...we all woke up with congestion and a cough every morning because of the dust andshouldl, how can that be healthy for a sick child?I'll try and touch on the positive. The apartment was big. The location is great. We really liked the Lucky Diner on the corner. When we complained about the room they fixed the bed and gave us free wi-fi. Bottom line...look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Normie_1234

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We booked a 1 bedroom based on the description and pictures on Envoy's website. What a joke! Upon entering the apartment we were immediately hit with an awful odor. It smelled like years of stale smoke. After pushing through the foul odor, we couldn't help but notice the carpet was stained, burned and so warn out there were several areas that looked like there was no carpet left at all. To add insult to injury, when we saw the bedroom, two prominent circles of wallpaper were cut and falling off the wall with a hole in the middle of each circle. The curtains in both the bedroom and living room were missing approximately half the hooks that keep the drapes up. The unit was so dreary, dirty and warn we did not want to sit on the furniture or sleep in the bed. When we confronted the front desk, they claimed this was the only unit available and there was nothing they could do. We promptly left.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jodyw900
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed here in June and booked (guaranteed) a two bedroom suite. Upon check-in I was told they didn't have one available and put us in 2 one-bedroom suites. I was told there was nothing they could do and it happens all the time. Really? How can they guarantee something and then say, never mind. It was not the girls weekend we had hoped for because we were in different rooms. Then the nightmare began. I complained about the fact that we weren't in a 2 bedroom and that the air conditioning didn't work in one of the rooms (not acceptable in June in NYC) we told the front desk and they said they'd fix it, well, they said it was frozen but working again, wrong, it wasn't and the mildew smell led me to believe it happened a lot. When I got home I called customer service but never got a response, my travel agent called and emailed and never got a response and American Express called and never got a response. I asked for a refund of one-half of my total bill (which I thought was fair). Luckily by using my AmEx card I let them handle it and received the refund. Now, 3 months later, this hotel got my Visa card number and is trying to get the rest of the money from them. Very shady. I have travelled all over the world and have never encountered a problem like this. Buyer Beware!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lorie D
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have never written a review about any supplier before in 30 years in the travel business but....time's up! I am a travel agent who booked a client into the Envoy Club Suites for the express purpose of having the 2 bedroom unit. Three generations of women in one family were going to The City for a getaway celebrating the matriarch's birthday. I even spoke voice-to-voice twice with the reservations department prior to their arrival in order to append a credit card for guarantee and to be certain the 2-bedroom unit was guaranteed. When they arrived.....no 2 bedroom available! They were very casually told that "it happens all the time".
Long story short....they were separated; one room was adequate while the other lacked working air-conditioning in June and smelled of mildew. No one would return my calls. My client disputed some of the charges successfully but now the management is sneaking around and trying to charge another card that was originally just used for the guarantee. Unbelieveable! STAY AWAY!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 746Traveler1
St. Albans, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed in the two bedroom apartment. On first impressions the room is impressive, very spacious with kitchen and living room. then the over powering musty smell hits you. The apartments are very worn and shabby, the more you look the more you find. The list of faults includes broken wash basin, dirty carpets, excrement found on the rear of my bathroom door, suspicious looking stains on the curtain, musty smell throughout. The bed linen was clean so I felt comfortable sleeping there but I did not walk barefoot anywhere else. The Aircon was noisy, but at least it worked. The windows were also very dirty. Its location is ok but a bit of a walk to the main areas, it is also noisy with lots of sirens outside, but I suppose you have to expect noise in New York. The roof terrace is good for sun bathing but no good views from up there.
A summary is that it is cheap for NY and spacious but not clean, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mezzas
Houston Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Stayed at The Envoy Club recently and have to say the location is fabulous, the front desk staff for the CONDO part of the lobby are very helpful and kind, and the price point is wonderful considering the location but the place could realy use some freshening. There was a large water/mold stain on the ceiling of the bathroom as well as cracked fixtures in the bath and lighting face plates. The wallpaper was beginning to peel at almost every seam and the sofa cushions flatten into a pancake after a small child sits on them for less than 5 minutes. The internet connection that you pay for is intermittent at best.

Its too bad actually because the location is first rate. Lots of restaruants in the area, food stores to stock the kitchen, and very convenient to the subway for sightseeing. Everyone in our party thought they would return to The Envoy if the rooms were fixed up even just a little, but there are too many other choices in the area to have rooms in this state.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family