“pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place New York Midtown South

You added Hyatt Place New York Midtown South to your Saves list
Hyatt Place New York Midtown South
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   52-54 W 36th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #142 of 458 Hotels in New York City
FAIRPORT
“pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had the best room on the 25th floor, overlooking the city and the empire State building. Room was spotless and in great condition. Employees, esp. Raoul and Thomas, were extremely helpful and friendly. We were in a good location for walking and bus and the best breakfast ever. Highly recommend this Hyatt and didn't break the bank either.

Room Tip: High with city view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for Oscar night. First time to New York. Walking distance to all the Midtown Manhattan spots... Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Grand Central, etc. Top floor room at a great price. We will be back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Mechanicsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed here on March 9 & 10 and had a wonderful experience. The only complaint I have is with the car service that was called by one of the employees to take us to the airport. We left our baggage at the hotel since we had a flight later in the day and the gentleman that took our luggage ask how we were getting to the airport. When we told him we were taking a taxi, he said "Oh no, let me call you a car service, you'll be much more comfortable and it's not that much more expensive." He told us the car would be no more than $50 to LGA. We had paid $35 for the taxi when we arrived from the airport so we figured for $15 more, why not go ahead and get the car. When we arrived at the airport, the driver told us it would be $60. When we questioned why we were quoted no more that $50, he said that it was because he had gone through the tunnel and paid a toll. The taxi also went through the tunnel and charged us a toll. I felt this was very shady. I don't know if the Hyatt employee is aware that the driver he called is doing this, but if he is, he should be made to get an honest quote to guest before he encourages them to let him call them a car service. Other than this, our stay was very enjoyable and I found the staff, location, rooms, and comfort of beds to be perfect.

Room Tip: We were on the 23rd floor with a great view of the Empire State Building.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Place for 12 nights with my boyfriend in march. We had a great stay, no problems at all. The room were spacious enough, we had a great view towards EST and the room is actually really quiet if you don't open the window ;) Breakfast was ok, I would prefer more cheese, sausage etc to put on bread. Might be an european thing, I'm seldom in the mood for jam and toast in the morning. And the signature roll gets boring after so many mornings. I digress, our stay was indeed great. The hotel is located in the middle of everything, with great shopping and walking distance to almost everything else.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Midtown South on March 7th and 8th, 2014. Overall a great hotel to stay at. The hotel is only a year old so it is in great condition. The rooms and bathrooms are on the small side but look good and are very clean. The breakfast is amazing! I suggest you get there early as the dining area gets crowded around 9:00am. The staff was very polite and helpful. I recommend you get a room on the higher floors facing the Empire State Building in order to have a better view.
The hotel is in a great location. a block away from Macy's and about a 10-15 minute walk to the theatre district and times square.

Room Tip: I recommend you get a room on the higher floors facing the Empire State Building in order to have a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel was fabulous! Dulce, Raul, Dana and Adela were great! They made us feel like we were part of their families from the moment we got out of our cab. One room had a view of the city and the other had a great view of the Empire State Building. The room was quiet which is impressive for Manhattan. The hotel is close to the subway which took us just about everywhere we wanted to go. It was important to my stepfather that our hotel have free wifi and free breakfast. We got both for an amazing AAA special. The breakfast was very tasty and had a large seating area. Beds were comfy and room was spacious enough for the child and I.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and for a view of the Empire State Building
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Hyatt Place at 52 West 36th Street this past weekend. We were in NYC for a girls weekend including a Chelsea Handler concert at Madison Square Garden. From the moment I pulled up, I felt well cared for. Raul greeted me, took my luggage and directed me to the parking garage just 8 buildings up on the same block. If you've stayed at at Hyatt Place, this location is sure to please. Good neighborhood, lots of restaurants and bars. Safe and convenient. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place New York Midtown South? Share your experiences!