“Great Service & Loved the Apt.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Hospitality Company, Inc.

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
A Hospitality Company, Inc.
247 West 35th St, 4th floor, New York City, NY 10001 (Garment District)   |
Ranked #400 of 449 hotels in New York City
Burbank, CA
“Great Service & Loved the Apt.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

We've used their service twice... and have been fully satisfied both times. Comfortable, air conditioned single apts. w/24-hour doorman a half-mile from Grand Central market. Who could complain when you have a fully-furnished (including kitchen basics) place, a huge fruit basket, stocked cabinets & fridge with all the basic breakfast food needs waiting for you? They even had a CD player in the dining area, and the price was less than a THIRD of what the hotel rates were each time!

They even let you stash your luggage at their offices if you arrive before/leave later than your check-in/check-out time.

• Stayed July 2003

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2005

We stayed here for one week in April. Cost $1050 in total for the week, with no tax. Had to pay upfront, and as another reviewer has pointed out, once you have done this there is no comeback. I understand that the Co owns a number of studio appts in this large and slightly forbidding block.

The studio appt was shabby: the bathroom was mildewy, the bathroom cabinet was dirty, inadequate space, hangers for (very thin cheap) towels. Shower was powerful - in fact so much so that you were in water up to your mid calves due to the drain being unable to cope - although had no proper sprinkler attachment but hot water appeared to be limited. The kitchen was not clean: the cooker was all greasy/dirty down the sides, the kitchen cabinets were shabby, dated. The toaster still had crumbs in from last occupant. Very offputting we did not use these facilities. I would not care to stay in this appt in the winter as I do not believe it would be warm enough nor the summer as it had no air con. All the electrical sockets were loose from the wall as well. Bed was ok thank god.

We smelled gas and being worried we turned off the (ancient) stove at the mains. The gas smell went. I called up about this and was casually told that the pilot light must have gone out and needed to be relit. Why were there no instructions on this point which clearly was potentially hazardous! In general the whole appt could have done with a major overhaul but clearly the inappropriately named Hospitality Co do not care about repeat business. In addition the location is very noisy on thursday/fri weekend nights with people below, until at least 3pm, so if quiet is important to you do not get an appt facing onto Bleecker St! A pity because this is good value and clearly you do not expect 5* facilities but at least you expect the room to be clean and appliances safe. I now have discovered that I have warts/verrucaes on my foot which I assume came from the shower as they were not there before my trip. Not the souvenir I was thinking of...........

• Stayed April 2005
Lakeport, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2003

Easy to make arrangements. Doorman to greet, apartment with view of the UN building, East River. Comfortable bed for us and our kids on futon in living room. We had a kitchen which we soon stocked with goods from the neighborhood grocery. Doorman told us where to buy. It was like having our own apartment in the greatest city in the world. Getting on the right bus to subway became an easy walk. Stayed a week and could have stayed longer. Great for family particularly teenagers! Can't wait to do it again!Eileen

• Stayed April 2002
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2003

Where DO I begin?!First of all, I would like to say that I was promised a *luxury* one bedroom with a convertible sofa bed. There was no sofa bed. There was no heat (it was fall and it was so chilly that people outside were wearing fur coats.). The shower did not work properly. The hair dryer (very important to dry one's hair if they are staying at a place that has no heat, you'd think) didn't work. The front desk gave other guests keys to my room saying that the room was empty and available for their use-- obviously, it wasn't, I was staying there, and I happened to be in the shower when the strangers opened the front door.I called the management to complain. Here's what the first person I spoke to said about the fact that my room had no heat, "Yeah, well my apartment doesn't have heat either." And what about that missing convertible sofa bed? More attitude -- "Yeah, well, you're staying by yourself so why do you care if there isn't a sofa bed?" Not a single apology and the supervisor never returned any of my phone calls or letters or email. And since you have to prepay your accomodations, I was out $500.The absolute worst place I've stayed in my life--even worse than a hut I stayed at in Malaysia that had a snake in it and another place where a rat gnawed through my backpack.

Been to A Hospitality Company, Inc.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about A Hospitality Company, Inc.

Address: 247 West 35th St, 4th floor, New York City, NY 10001
Location: United States > New York > New York City > Garment District , Manhattan , Midtown
Ranked #400 of 449 hotels in New York City
a Hospitality Company, Inc. Hotel New York City
Hospitality Company

If you own or manage A Hospitality Company, Inc., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later