“Great for Outdoor Dining and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pera Soho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,896 of 11,776 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Turkish
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broome Street
Transit: In order of proximity (nearest to farthest): E to Spring Street, 1 to Canal Street, N/Q to Canal Street
Description: Pera SoHo is a transportative Mediterranean retreat in the heart of SoHo. Inspired by the renowned Istanbul neighborhood where cuisine, art, culture, nightlife and the cosmopolitan converge, Pera SoHo seduces with an environment that is simultaneously warm and vibrant. Pera Soho's culinary philosophy is to look beyond the current day geographical borders of the Eastern Mediterranean and instead appreciate their culinary and cultural richness as a whole. In addition to the contemporary presentation of authentic recipes, Pera Soho's cuisine also embellishes the use of Eastern Mediterranean ingredients and cooking methods to create its own signature dishes. Pera Soho has a unique configuration comprised of indoor open dining and private dining areas, open and private outdoor dining in our garden, and SkyDeck accommodations with 180 degree views of the Manhattan skyline from the Empire State Building to the Freedom Tower.
Shanghai
“Great for Outdoor Dining and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Located on trendy Thompson Street in Soho, Pera is a sister of midtown's Pera, a Mediterranean/Turkish affair.

My friend RIch and I had lunch on what was a perfect Spring day in Pera's beautiful outdoor dining area. The food was simple - great eggplant dip recommended by our waiter - and simple grilled chicken sandwiches (with fantastic french fries).

When time came for coffee, our waiter volunteered his private stock of Japanese green tea, a fantastic little flourish at the end !

Leisurely and relaxed, comfortable and friendly. A definite "go-back-to" !

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very nice restaurant, pleasant staff, maybe not as efficient as in other establishments but I believe it is new so perhaps they are still 'learning'. The food was excellent. It was a shame not to eat outside but it wasn't warm enough, those who were outside came in later. The date starter was bliss as was the baklava and the apple cocktail was very strong! I'd probably return if I was in that area, I'm not sure I'd make a special visit.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Best birthday dinner!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

On a beautiful Sunday PEra hosted 25 people in the best way possible!!
The food was delicious and the service superb!!!
We thank you and we are coming back!!thank you for all arrangements!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Finland
“Cozy Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Immediately when entering the courtyard the atmosphere was amazing; relaxed and welcoming. The DJ was playing just perfect music for a Sunday brunch. She was really one of the key things to make the brunch perfect. One of the nicest brunches ever (note that I don't do brunches every Sunday).

The food was really fresh and tasty, crispy salad and quite perfect burger. Also a good selection of drinks. Pricing in this kind of place is of course not the cheapest, but didn't feel too expensive, either. It's a good value for money.

The interior looked also very stylish and I would consider Pera for dinner any time (didn't fit to our plans this time).

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Senlis, France
“Lovely patio atmosphere but not what I call authentic Mediterranean fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Friends and I wanted to have lunch in a Mediterranean restaurant and we picked Pera. I loved the patio where we sat under parasols and were treated to music selected by a DJ who chose perfect music for a Sunday brunch crowd. The French rosé wine was delicious but I was disappointed by the selection of dishes offered. Instead of the mezze choices I am used to when dining in Mediterranean restaurants (which by the way is my favourite type of food), I found that many of the dishes were fried (french fries, fried grape leaves, etc). I don't know if they were catering to local tastes or what, but the menu was not at all what I anticipated. There was also a lot of confusion among the servers as to our order. I will not return.

• Visited August 2012