“Good Day...Mate” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Good Day...Mate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This Australian breakfast/lunch shop also opened up near my office building, in the old CBS Store, next to the David Letterman theater (Ed Sullivan theater). I have had their drip coffee (Open My Eyes) and it is pretty good. They have other flavored coffees and some other colorfully named ones. They also other pastries, ie the pies. You can get apple, cherry, the usual desert types or meat pies, which are their specialty. The pies come in different sizes, and they offer other sandwiches, rolls, etc. The prices aren't on the cheap side, but everything I have tried from here so far, has been pretty good. A plus is that they are open really late, if not 24 hours.

Visited July 2012

“Awesome treats!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This concept is great. Tee self service cappuccino was not really explained well but the pies are so good it really doesn't matter. We got a steak pie and bacon egg cheese pie and a mini one. All were great and aside from the coffee bar issue the service was great.

Visited April 2013
Florida
“Great little pies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in after dinner before Cinderella & are so glad we did! Delicious little pies & at a responsible price! The pear & ricotta and the lemon were amazing! I will go here again & try their savory options. Limited area to enjoy the pies- really standing room only at a high top bar but it was ok.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
scottsdale az
“Great quick little meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had walked past Pie Face many times but never was hungry at the time so didn't stop. I was coming back from MoMA on a Friday night and was in the right place at the right time. Stopped in and got 3 savory pies and one sweet (hadn't eaten since lunch), all for $11. Service was quick and friendly and the pies were great! I had 2 of the Pulled Pork, one Steak and for dessert, the chocolate. Seems like a lot of food but each is about 3-4 bites. I have to say the Pulled Pork was my favorite. Not too spicy BBQ sauce, shredded pork in a nice flaky crust. The steak was chunks of meat with some veggies (mostly potatoes) in a smooth gravy. But the chocolate...a perfect end to the meal. The filling was much more dense than I expected and very rich. I almost couldn't finish it all.
No counter service but I took this back to my hotel room to eat anyway. I thought about stopping in again during my visit but didn't have the time. I will go back next time and hope to try the breakfast pies.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Gourmet mini-desserts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We picked up some pies and mini cheesecakes to take home with us. They were delectable! Great quality little desserts with a friendly staff. Glad I stopped in!

(I recommend the pumpkin cheesecakes!)

• Visited December 2012