“Not for me” 3 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #156 of 809 Activities in New York City
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Once is the celebrated new musical based on the Academy Award-winning film. It tells the story of an Irish musician and a Czech immigrant drawn together by their shared love of music. Over the course of one fateful week, their unexpected friendship and collaboration evolves into a powerful but complicated romance, heightened by the raw emotion of the songs they create together. Brought to the stage by an award-winning team of visionary artists and featuring an ensemble cast of gifted actor/musicians, once is a musical celebration of life and love: thrilling in its originality, daring in its honesty... and unforgettable in every way.
Sydney, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“Not for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I did not know anything about the story before attending the show. I found this show to be a bit boring and at times it just went really slow. My friend loved it.

Given all the great review, it is probably just me. I usually pick more upbeat, lyrics and stories I know when going to a show.

Visited September 2013

Armagh, United Kingdom
“Was not disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Loved this movie and soundtrack, so it was a no brainer when we were researching Broadway shows before our trip to NY. Did not disappoint! Cast were great, fantastic singers, great chemistry. Funny, endearing and well worth the money!

Toledo, Spain
3 attraction reviews
“Fabulous music and story”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The small cast was incredible. There were 12-14 performers that came in and out of the scenes as needed in the storyline. It was just the performers and their instruments, no big orchestra. The main characters sang and played the guitar and piano. I have been to over 30 broadway shows and this was one of my favorites. The story was great and the talent of the cast was amazing. Like other reviewers indicated, go early and listen to the cast perform. I highly recommend this musical. You won't regret it.

Charlottesville, Virginia
24 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Once is romantic and funny and cleverly staged and one of those musicals that I will want to see again. I've already bought the soundtrack–the Irish music is really spectacular.

Gloucester, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
“Best Musical I Have Seen In Years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The music was fantastic and the story line well paced. This show was a real treat. The cast was so talented, singing and playing multiple instruments. I would recommend this performance against any on Broadway.