“Not all rooms are updated. COLD” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin New York at Times Square

You added The Westin New York at Times Square to your Saves list
The Westin New York at Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 West 43rd Street, At 8th Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #159 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Airb330
“Not all rooms are updated. COLD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've stayed here on multiple occasions and the rooms are always cold.

Even as a SPG preferred guest they "upgraded" us to an old un-renovated room. The window was about 2 feet by 2 feet. The smallest window I've seen in a room here. Overall the place isn't bad but it doesn't warrant the prices.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (909)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our family spent 3 days at Westin New York, is our fourth time back to this hotel this year! Service has always exceed my expectation. Front desk is always polite, courteous and helpful. I want to thank Jesula for helping me check in fast on a late Friday nite (12/27), made my welcome very warm. And for checking out Vanessa has always been fast and polite too. Thank you for the good customer service from Westin front desk staff, had a great stay this weekend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

don't stay on the upper floors. We stayed on the 30th floor and it was unseasonably warm. I'm not sure if the fan was broken but we tried to put the air on and the room was unbearable. I thought the first night was just a fluke and didn't tell anyone, but the second night was just as bad. I didn't say anything on my way out because we were late for the train. The front desk was very nice when checking in so I'm sure they would have tried to do something.

It is a great location and the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Searching for a hotel in NYC was very difficult, and time consuming! The hotels look so dingy, outdated, and overpriced. I was relieved to find the Westin Times Square. While it is expensive, it is a place you'll feel relaxed in after a long day in the busy city. We stayed in an upgraded corner room which was luxurious. Not to mention awesome views! Some of the windows even cracked open which I thought was really cool. The lobby is very nice, and the hotel has access from a nearby movie theatre which is awesome to cut through on a cold day! Would be better if breakfast was included, but there are some cute bakeries close by. We would stay here again, but would probably try to find a deal before booking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

we really enjoyed the Westin at times square in every way. First, we were looking for a place to bring our maltese and Westin was the best value. They don't charge you a non-refundable pet fee nor do they charge you a daily rate. I appreciate this because my dog is 5 pounds, perfectly trained and doesn't shed at all. I hate being charged for damage she will never do.
Secondly, I have the amex platinum card, which makes you an SPG member, which is totally worth it! I got upgraded to a junior suite on the 45th floor, the views were stunning. The room was spacious and the bathrooms and toiletries were great. The blackout curtains made sure that morning didn't come too early and the bed and pillows were very comfortable.
The staff was fantastic. We had breakfast at Shulas, which was really nice and drinks and dessert at the bar. I think that overall this is going to be my go to hotel while in NYC. It was affordable (for NYC), great location and was everything I would want a hotel to be. Well done Westin!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Had a very good stay here Dec 2013, good location, great corner room very comfortable.
All staff very friendly and helpfull.
my only thoughts after seeing the the pics,of public areas, that all these areas were dark dull and in need of refurb..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Vineland, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a annual family trip to New York City. This was our first time staying at the Westin, and it did not disappoint! First of all the location was amazing, right in the center of everything. My kids loved walking through time square, and seeing all the cartoon characters in the street. Radio city hall was just a short walk away. The hotel staff was courteous and helpful, the rooms were large for NYC standards. The beds were comfortable and plush. They also have a great steak house on site called Shulas! All and all we will be returning to the Westin again next year. We loved it.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to The Westin New York at Times Square? Share your experiences!