Spent 6 nights here in late August - early September. Stayed in corner king room as booked on 32nd floor. Great views and nice room. However first impressions were very poor - after a group of doormen / porters watched us struggle with bags from a taxi and up the escalators past their desk, we were greeted by an appalling attitude by a male receptionist at check in. Having waited 15 minutes to check in I was reprimanded for being in the wrong SPG queue (whilst I am an SPG member, apparently my status was not platinum etc.) After a 24 hour flight from Australia, the last thing I needed was a lesson in queueing. Worth noting there was no queue in the non SPG line by the time we were served so his lesson was unnecessary as well as rude. Further when there was an admin error regarding our check out date he could not have cared less and told me that was for me to work out with my travel agent in Australia.
Fortunately my other dealings with other front counter staff were more positive during our week long stay.
Hotel room doors with a 'soft close' would be a great contributor to being able to enjoy the heavenly beds longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Times Square Hotel is located in the heart of New York. The Westin New York at Times Square Hotel offers a great location and comforting accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin New York at Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin New York At Times Square Hotel New York City
- Westin Times Square
- Westin New York City
- Westin New York Times Square
- Westin Hotel New York
- New York City Westin