“Great View, Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin New York at Times Square

You added The Westin New York at Times Square to your Saves list
The Westin New York at Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 West 43rd Street, At 8th Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #158 of 458 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Allentown, PA
“Great View, Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Celebrating a special anniversary, my husband and I stayed overnight after a show and dinner. Chose this hotel because we arrived via Port Authority and it was nearby. Stayed in a corner room on the 43rd floor and loved the view of the Empire State Building. The bed was comfy and the room appeared to be newly redecorated- tile work in bathroom was beautiful, great shower, robes, towels and all linens top shelf. Very comfy! I would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Corners are best - lots of windows, great views 30 + floor and up
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JessieTS, Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin New York at Times Square, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
We are thrilled to know that we were successful in making your special anniversary a memorable one! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

YourWestinTSqExperience@Westin.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (908)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just arrived home after a pleasant 3 day stay in New York!
The Westin Hotel was in a great location, close to the centre of Times Square, but not so much that it is too noisy.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially the men at the ground floor reception who helped us with our luggage.
The lobby and overall hotel was clean and extravagant!
The bedroom was quite basic, but nice to stay in. Loved the massive tv in the room though!
Mini fridge had a wide range of food and drink, however we could not find a price list so that was quite inconvenient as we didn't know how much we were spending.
Free wifi was also good but confusing, you have to join their hotel club or something to be able to use it, but you still have to select the payment option when you use it. We worked it out in the end but it seemed a bit too confusing for what it needed to be.
View of the city out of the window was amazing as we were so high!
Overall, had a great stay at the hotel and would return again or recommend to a friend, if we ever came back to New York!

Room Tip: Would recommend a high floor as you get such a great view, and are away from the street noise!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi Esther ~ it is great to see that you enjoyed your visit with us! Next time you come, contact us directly with your confirmation number so that we can make sure that your experience will be even better than the last. See you soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been using Tripadvisor for years, and this is my first time that I'm leaving a review, as I'm appalled by the poor service at Westin Times Square.

We chose this hotel even though it out of 100 ranking, as it was near to Times Square and it was after all Westin!

Checked in with little issue, went to the room and realized there wasn't the basic amenities like Shower gel or body lotion. It came with a thin bar of soup and shampoo only.

Also sad that we were promised that we will receive a US tennis Open goodie bag but it wasn't in the room in first day. The next day we had to ask for it, at least it was provided on the same day.

Also, in our confirmation email, it was written that we will have free wifi, but we had to purchase it at us$14 per day! Luckily during check out, they agreed to waive it.

The most disappointing part was the service during check out. The lady serving me yawned in my face at least 4 times in 10min, without closing her mouth. I was disgusted and couldn't wait to get out of the hotel!

The real saving grace is the good location of the hotel and their lifts are very prompt.

I will never step into this or any other Westin again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
It is discouraging to see that we failed in our overall service to you when you were here recently, especially at check-out. On behaf of the entire staff - I apologize for this. Please give us another try by booking another reservation. When you do, contact me directly so that I make all the arrangements so that your experience will be wonderful. I hope to hear from you.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

i am in a renovated room on the 32 floor, and other than it being noisy due to design of the room (lifts shaft behind and the door right in the room (no corridor), its fine. and in fact thats it for this hotel its just "ok". the breakfast is waiter service which is fine i guess but means there are long queues (bfast is served in the steak house). so if you get a good rate, its centrally located but there are better hotels for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry to know that you found our hotel 'just so'. Please give us another try by booking another reservation, then contact me directly. We want to show you the type of service you should have experienced. I hope to hear from you.

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

When we travel internationally to Western countries we like to stay at Westin Hotels, this one is not one of them. Staff very unfriendly verging on rude, hotel room needs renovation, lobby, hallways and room carpets were all threadbare. No breakfast. Concierge laughed at us when we asked the best way to get across to Jersey, saying why would you want to go to Jersey? If you like spending a lot of money for no service and low level of fittings and fixtures just to be near times square, go for it, if you want quality and a better position to see the better parts of New York, go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Has it got a good room?
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience you had recently at our hotel. Please give us another opportunity by booking another reservation. Contact me directly and I wil make sure that your experience will be much, much better. I look forward to hearing from you.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Located a block off Times Square, in an area of parking garages, this hotel does not reach its potential. Our room, supposedly deluxe, for which an extra amount was charged, had an airconditioning system that was just a few decibels lower than a jet plane. It produced air that could have been used in a walk-in freezer. The deluxe room came with plastic disposable cups appropriate to a discount hotel, which were not even replaced when thrown out. Valet parking took 40 minutes to deliver our car. The hotel refused to credit my loyalty account with the appropriate number of points, relying on an invisible rule that allegedly excluded purchases from third party vendors. In all, not a great experience.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
It is disappointing to see that your experience recently was not what it should be. If you can give us another opportunity, it would be great if you could book another reservation so that we can show you a much better visit. Contact me directly once your reservation is booked and I will personally that you will have special attention.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The front desk at the NY Westin at Times Square is staffed by some of the finest personnel that I have ever encountered. Luis is always very helpful and very friendly. On my most recent visit I had taken a red eye from the west coast and was looking to shower and change. I was greeted by Cesar who politely told me that my assigned room was not yet ready. Cesar made it a point of going out of his way to find me a similar room that was ready, something that was not that easy as the hotel had been fully occupied the prior night and, it was still early in the morning. He could have just asked me for my mobile number and said that the hotel would notify me when my room was ready. He went above and beyond the norm in assisting me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
It is wonderful to see our staff being complimented, and yes, couple of our Stars are Luis and Cesar. This is why are guests keeping coming back! We look forward to seeing you again and again!

YourWestinTSqExperience@Westin.com

Been to The Westin New York at Times Square? Share your experiences!