“Good for a stay at a central location in Manhattan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin New York at Times Square

Save Saved
You added The Westin New York at Times Square to your Saves list
The Westin New York at Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 West 43rd Street, At 8th Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #153 of 449 hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Novi Sad
“Good for a stay at a central location in Manhattan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Spent a couple of nights in the hotel. Its close to Times Square, so its a central location if you want to do some sightseeing around Manhattan. The neighbourhood is busy, full of tourists, alive at all times, so if you do not enjoy this, stay at a another location. That said, we had almost no noise, and sleep was good at the 10th floor. Check in was fast, but I've noticed sometimes there can be a que in the lobby. We also got a free upgrade to a preferred guest room, which was nice. Concierge was good, and booked and recommended good venues and restaurants around NY. Room was spacious, clean and with a good view. Would recommend for a short stay in NY.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JessieTS, Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin New York at Times Square, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
It is terrific to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the location and the service you received, especially from the concierge staff. We look forwarding to seeing you again soon!

Warmest,
jessie
YourWestinTSqExperience@Westin.com

4,174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (775)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I got a great Hotwire deal so the price was great. I had a great room, nice bed, and nice products. Then in the morning a maid demands to come in the room and asks me when I am checking out. I had a do not disturb sign on the door. It was 9 am, I had just come in on an international flight. I said "when I feel like it before check out", she then asked "but what time"? It was very strange and stressful. I was kind of shocked that when I complained the staff was not very thoughtful or helpful. It was not a relaxing way to start the day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for two nights while visiting times square.
Upon arrival check in was pretty smooth and in no time we were given our rooms. The room was great, and the heavenly bed is not called heavenly for no reason at all. The view was also prey good as I could see the Hudson river from my room. The heavenly robe was also very 'heavenly' I'm thinking of ordering two for my spouse and I.

The hotel has a movie theatre downstairs and was a hit for the two teenagers that were staying with us. The hotel is also adjacent to an e-walk which is great. We did not eat at shula's steak but had no need to because you literally walk out of the hotel onto times square.

I cannot stress how convenient the hotel was, eveything that we needed was in walking distance and we enjoyed the sightseeing. I was delighted that a coldstone creamery was also outside the hotel.................the hotel is great, and the staff were polite and corteous.

My disappoinment with this hotel was that they charged for everything in the minibar without telling you that if you take out a drink to look at it and do not drink it, then you are gonna be charged for it........SUCH A RIP OFFF.........all hotels that we have been to does not charge when u drink a bottle of water or pop for that matter. So beware if you take something up to look at it the sensor is gonna kick in and charge you.,..........

Room Tip: rooms on 29th floor is good...beware of minibar charges
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently was scheduled to stay at the Westin Times Square for 5 nights in a suite. My poor experience began at checkin. My room was not ready, no one would give me any clear info. I spoke with 5 different people at the front desk. Finally, I was given my room...disappointing is an understatement. bare, sterile, cold room. 1 wall was simply long, white stucco. a very depressing atmosphere. I was able to hear the toilet flushing from the room next door! The vanity was non existent-stainless steel bowl, with no real room to place any toiletries. reminded me of a butcher shop sink. smelling cigarette smoke from another room was the last straw...i checked out a day early & vowed never to return.

Room Tip: do not waste your money on a suite here. totally not worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Incline Village, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We just spent 2 nights at this hotel. We arrived early and they stored our luggage as we walked around the area. They offered us a room very shortly after we arrived but said we could have a nicer room on a higher floor if we waited so we did. We ended up with a beautiful corner room on the 41st floor. The view was amazing! The location is fantastic for shows and dinner. You are in the heart of it all. I disagree with the last reviewer. The thing we loved most about this property was the central location. The staff was very responsive. Dean, the conceirge made a perfect recommondation for dinner at La Masseria. The breakfast in the morning at Shula's was great! All in all, one of the best stays at a Westin that we have ever had!

Room Tip: corner rooms on high floors are great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
lizza13
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I would 100% stay here again. We had a great room, 22nd floor, so newly renovated. Quiet, Clean, spacious. I would have preferred an actually closing door for the bathroom, not a sliding door, but it still works.
The location was fabulous. If your taking the city sightseeing tours (blue buses), the stop for the uptown tour is just around the block. The downtown tour (hop on/hop off) is one block away. The night tour starts one block away as well.
We didn't choose the restaurant as it is quite pricey, but it's about 2 blocks from Restaurant row so there was no shortage of food.

Loved the fact that it came with complimentary water everyday.

The Cleaning crew was friendly. And the one time we showed up when they were cleaning the room, the closed the door so we had to use our keys to get in. VERY SAFE!

The Hotel is just one block from the start of the Broadway shows.. specifically Spiderman and Matilda.

I would probably not bring kids, just for the reason that it has a more mature vibe to me. They do offer kid activities though. There is no spa in this hotel, but there is a fitness center.

Room Tip: We were on the 22nd floor, facing 43rd/7th ave. Quiet. Not a great view. I think all the rooms would...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We attended a conference at this hotel. It is a great location, close to Broadway, on Times Square. It is a huge hotel, but they need to do some updating on the rooms. Linens were clean, electronics were updated, but the overall feel of the rooms were a little tired.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, high floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Westin New York at Times Square? Share your experiences!