“Vision Expo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin New York at Times Square

You added The Westin New York at Times Square to your Saves list
The Westin New York at Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 West 43rd Street, At 8th Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Greenville, Texas
“Vision Expo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I like staying at the Westin. Great location for my needs. The costs were really too expensive for me as a business trip alone. Since I paid out my own pocket, I felt it. Everyone was friendly and enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (995)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The room was clean. We were given a room with in feet of an ice maker and views of an air conditioning unit and rooftop of the lower building beside the hotel. It would have been a challenge for the hotel to have found a less desirable room. I did book a standard room on travelocity, apparently this is what is considered "standard" at the hotel. I would not book this hotel again. Unless the hotel was completly full there was no excuse for giving a guest such a terribly placed room.

Room Tip: Verify location of room prior to confirming booking if possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JessieTS, Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin New York at Times Square, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hi Catherine ~ we are so very sorry that your recent experience with us did not please you. We ask if you would consider ggiving us another try to regain your confidence by booking a return visit with us when you return to New York City. Contact me directly with your reservation details and I will make sure that you will be happy with everything from check-in to check-out. I look forward to hearing from you!

Warmest,
jessie
YourWestinTSqExperience@Westin.com
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Spent two nights in the Westin last weekend. If I had a complaint it was that the rooms were so comfortable and cozy that it made it hard to get out of bed and out the door on a cold windy morning. The beds were very comfortable. The views were spectacular. It was only a block from the heart of Times Square, but just far enough away to avoid the zoo. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful starting with Sally at check-in. She offered us a free upgrade, allowed us to check in three hours early, and answered our questions about local restaurants and transportation options. The room was spotlessly clean, surprisingly spacious (for NYC) and quiet. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've been staying at the Westin Times Square twice a year for many years now. The hotel is right in the middle of the vibrant Times Square area. The rooms are large for NY standards and very quiet. I almost never see anyone else in the halls. Great views. Very expensive breakfast, but hey, this is NYC. If you walk around the corner, the delis have the same food for a third the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

From the moment we checked in, I knew it was going to be an amazing experience. The location is exceptional, right in the heart of the theater district and Times Square. The staff are warm and friendly, and a gentleman by the name of J.L made us feel warm and welcomed (as well as all the staff). We ordered room service, and the food was tasty and delivered on time. The room was clean and our view was of the heart of time square. If you need any tips as to where to go in Manhattan or outside of NYC, the concierge services are very helpful. The property itself is awesome, spacious,and trendy. If you want a true NY experience, I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have been member of Starwwod preferred guests for over 15 years & mostly stay in Westin/Sheraton hotels & resorts. They have always provided very nice & upgraded accommodation, excellent services of high standards. However, this time was the first we visited USA in New York. I asked the lady to reserve a taxi for us to go to Newart airport as we have to be early in the morning. She advised that we cannot use the normal taxi but need to book a limousine & gave me a number to ring. The quote from the limousine company came back at $180 ( probably plus tips of at least 15% ). Fortunately, they didn't have a car available. So I rang back the front desk & another lady was surprised that I was given that advise as she said there will be always taxis in front although cannot but no need to book one. The taxi from the airport cost below $60 on way in. Had the limousine company been able to provide a car, we would have paid over 3 times the fare. I made a complaint to the manager as unfortunately I forgot the lady who gave the bad advise. He promised to look into educating the lady. I like to alert other people to be careful not taking the words of the hotel staff when it sounds unreasonable. However, everyone else was very nice & courteous especially the chef who came out & had a friendly chat with us at dinner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I walked into the Westin late night and the front office staff and the night manager, Johnathan (JL) were excellent in accomodating me and keeping me informed on everything the hotel offered. Since I checked in late, the staff offered me a late check out which was much needed! The room was excellent, I was upgraded to a junior suite with an amazing view of Times Square. I would deffinately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Westin New York at Times Square? Share your experiences!