“Great budget Hotel with FANTASTIC location.” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Hotel at Times Square to your Saves list
The Hotel at Times Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   59 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #305 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Great budget Hotel with FANTASTIC location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in January.

First of all, nothing can top the location. One block away from Times Square, 4 blocks down from Rockefeller Center. It was my 17th time in the city and never have I had such a convenient location before (except fow one really crappy hotel).

The hotel has 2 towers. The main one opposite the reception and one in the back. My room was on the top floor of the back tower. So I had to follow a hallway to an elevator all the way in the back, which brought me up to the 11th floor. The room itself was roomie for a budget hotel in NYC. SUPER COMFORTABLE double bed, with enough space for a nightstand on each side. I especially loved that the nightstands had seperate outlets and USB ports for you to pluf stuff in and charge, without having to unplug the room phone or something first. There was a proper desk and a big dresser at the foot of the bed, which had the TV on it. There was enough space for a large suitcase next to the dresser. The room also had a closet.

The bathroom was small btu I wasn't complaining as it has been the first time in a long time I haven't slept in shared bath accommodation and it was really clean. I am usually very vary about hotel showers but had no problem climbing into this one. It was actually one of the best hotel showers I have taen as the water got appropriately hot and the water pressure was heavenly. I also love that you could change the setting on the shower head, as I have very thick and curly hair, that requires a strong single beam of water to get the shampoo out properly.

The breakfast was in the basement and it was very basic, which I am not complaining about, as it is unusual enough to get free breakfast (or breakfast at all) in NYC. it was a small buffet with bagels and toast with small packets of butter, cream cheese and jelly to put on. There were pancakes (prepackaged ones that were just emptied into the pan) and 2 kinds of cereal, as well as 2 kinds of juice and some fruit to choose from.

Additionally I was also very pleased with the free wifi reception and TV reception, as I have stayed on NYC hotels before where the wifi would disconnect continouslyand the TV wouldn'tget in more than 5 channels, half of wich were spanish. Not here though. wifi worked great throughout my stay on the TV had a fantastic choice of channels.

Only flaw I noticed was that the walls in my room had a couple of scuff marks but that is not something I would ever complain or take points off for, as they can't repaint/put new wallpaper on after every guests and it's not something that would ruin my stay.

To sum up, I would definitely reccommend booking there. I think I booked it through a travel page for $78 a night (the website was about $90 a night) and that is an incredible price for a proper hotel in midtown that is not run down!

• Stayed January 2016, traveled solo

Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was an overnight for my best friend and myself to celebrate our birthdays. The staff was very accommodating upon our early arrive (were able to get into our room). The room was comfortable and surprisingly quiet. They offer a free Continental Breakfast which is a big plus in NYC. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with friends
      Location
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Me and my husband have just come back from our honeymoon and i have to say the hotel was great.

The location was fantastic only 5 minute walk from times square and about 2 minutes from 5th Avenue.

The staff were really nice and helpful we had to check out by 12 but because of a little issue the night before the hotel allowed us to check out when our shuttle come at 2pm instead which i thought was nice for them. Our cleaner (Patricia) was a very nice lady we meet her on our 2nd day and she was so helpful and made us feel really welcome.

We are planning on coming back next year and we would defo go back to this hotel again however only if we could stay in the same room as it had a lovely view of the rockerfella and it was a great size as well.

Would recommend to friends and family.

Thanks,

Stayed February 2016, traveled as a couple
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at The Hotel at Times Square, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Julez-Garreth,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We’re glad you enjoyed your honeymoon in New York. While we cannot guarantee the exact same room as you had on your recent visit, you can always request it or a similar room when making a reservation.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Delmar, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

First of all the location can't be beat for the price. The rooms were nice, though not great; roomy enough, but not roomy. The breakfast buffet is nice and plentiful, but too crowded. Couldn't get anywhere near it. My biggest gripe about this place though is the elevator. We were on the 10th floor, and not once, in two days, did the elevator come up to our floor while we were waiting to go down. We would push the button, watch the numbers go up to maybe 5, 6, or 7; then it would go back down without reaching our floor. We would do it again, and same thing; almost to our floor and then nope, back down. We had to walk down 10 flights of stairs every time we left the hotel. My other gripe was that several times the elevator and/or stairs reeked of smoke; although there were signs that said no smoking. Also, the wifi was sketchy, at best. Although, I thought the hotel was a great price for the money, I won't stay here again. If you don't mind using the stairs, and the smell of smoke, this is a good deal. Otherwise....no.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at The Hotel at Times Square, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Josh C,
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry you were not more pleased with your stay. We do have some smoking rooms, so sometimes the smell can leak from the rooms even if there isn’t any smoking allowed in the common areas. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the elevators. They can get a bit held up during busy hours of the day.
The majority of our guests are very happy with their stay. We offer an excellent value in a great location. We hope you will reconsider us for any future trips to New York City.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This hotel is in the perfect location. Walk out of the hotel and take a right, Times Square is right in front of you. The Rockefeller centre is just around the corner!
I plan on staying here again when I return to New York. Rooms are a little small but that didn't bother me as you literally only sleep here.

I would recommend anyone visiting New York to do the hop on hop off water boat! Only regret of the trip was not doing this the first day.

Stayed February 2016, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DMar2601
Dear DMar2601,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you next time!

preston, uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed recently for two nights.
This hotel is as central as it gets. On our first visit to NYC we were given a very small room in a nearby hotel.
Rooms in this hotel are a good size, have large comfortable beds and are spotlessly clean.
Staff throughout are friendly and efficient. The girl at the tour desk not only helped us with tours, but also sorted out our transfer problems.
The breakfast is Continental, but substantial. A good selection is juices, bread, cereals, cakes and yoghurt plus boiled eggs. Coffee pretty reasonable.
We stayed at this hotel as part of a tour so not too sure of cost, but other residents said it was excellent value compared to nearby hotels.
Would certainly consider this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank jcann
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at The Hotel at Times Square, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear jcann,
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great time in New York City. We hope to see you again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

great location! great service! i have tried other hotels in new york but i keep coming back to this one! the rooms are the perfect size and are beautiful! they have a touch of modernism and classic meshed into one. i love seeing the old framework of the building with the modern furnishings.

the free breakfast isn't anything to write home about but it's perfect to get the day going!

Room Tip: love the size if the rooms! not too small for a New York hotel.