“a good budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel at Times Square

Save Saved
You added The Hotel at Times Square to your Saves list
The Hotel at Times Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   59 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #248 of 452 hotels in New York City
cairo
“a good budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Location wise it's really good ... few minutes walking you can reach the glowing Time Square the heart of New York , the Broadway theatres and many other attractions and restaurants...
Rooms are not spacious but still it's clean and all amenities are available ...They provide continental breakfast on daily bases .... the waiter never smiles and even the front desk personnel they hardly smile .... at the concierge you can get all what you need of brochures and trip planning...our flight was late at night so they offered to keep our luggage and they helped us getting a cab to the airport ...

Room Tip: Top floors are recommended ... less noisy
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1,729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was our second stay at this property. We stayed back in 2009 and were very happy with the service, accommodation's and price! We were a party of 3 and needed a room with 2 beds. Checked in and was told we had a nice big room, (it was ADA accessible) however they had someone coming the next day that actually needed an ADA accessible room. I was not happy about having to switch rooms but at that point there was not much I could do. We packed our bags the next morning and they assured us they would move everything to the new room. Upon our return I was ready to complain, but was pleasantly surprise to find they had moved us to a 2 room suite! My wife and I had a room with a king size bed and connecting there was room with a queen bed for my daughter. Another happy visit to the hotel at Times Square! Breakfast is typical for a free hotel breakfast and it did the job. I would definitely return and recommend this property to anyone looking for a clean, budget friendly hotel in NYC that is within walking distance of any Times Square / Midtown locations!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at The Hotel at Times Square, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear budman33647,
Thank you for your review and your repeated patronage. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by having to switch rooms after your first night. We hope you enjoyed your time in the city and hope to see you again soon!
Walworth, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel was relatively cheap for it's location, only 2 blocks away from Times Square. It also made travel around the city easy, because it was near the Times Square subway stop. I was surprised with the minimal noise at night too, considering the location right near the hustle and bustle of Times Square.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the street are the quietest.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Explorer_98712,
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you had a great time in New York City. We do keep our rates very competitive and our guests always receive a great value.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
Fgura, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is super easy to get to and very central, walking distance from times square, central park, MOMA, Rockafellaa and empire state building (if you are ready to walk obviously, but it is so nice to walk in the city). hotel serves breakfast which was great, not many hotels provide breafast. Room was nice, only thing is we had to change rooms after the first night since they were over booked which was a bit of a hassle but they took care of all our luggage. Staff were helpful, plus wifi had great service in our room. Will defenitely be going again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at The Hotel at Times Square, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Ruth G,
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great time in New York City. We apologize for any inconvenience you faced when you had to switch rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you next time.
Liz form Apple Core Hotels
Beacon, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place was great. I came in and checked in and everything went fantastic. Nirey (sorry if I spelled her name wrong) was very pleasant and smooth. The room was fantastic very clean the bed was comfortable. Check out was great also and they held our bags while we went out for breakfast. The staff and hotel deserve praise for their hard work and friendliness.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rickey B,
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and found the employees to be helpful and friendly. We hope to see you again soon.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is in a perfect location near Times Square (2 minute walk) and 5th avenue (2 minute walk). It has a welcoming outside and lobby with decently friendly staff that were helpful. They let us check our bags in early as we arrived in New York before check in. Our room was nice and cozy, very large comfortable bed with a nice t.v and a modern bathroom. However our room had no fridge which was odd and an awful view. We kept our blinds shut all weekend we stayed as our view was literally looking into a fire escape and a 2 foot deep alley. Other than the view, the wifi is fast and free, decent breakfast with bagels, waffles, pancakes, coffee/tea/milk/juice and yogurt all complimentary which was nice. Overall a good place to stay if you're on a budget as it was a very good price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Laura G,
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry about the lack of fridge and the view. We will be installing micro-fridges in some, but not all of the rooms soon. Unfortunately, not all of our rooms have views of the street because of the proximity of surrounding buildings. We apologize for the inconvenience. You can always request a room with a street view for any future stays, though we cannot guarantee it.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Myself and a friend stayed here for our trip to New York. Upon arrival I was asked if I would like to pay now or at the end of my stay. I replied the end as my friend was obviously splitting half of the bill. Anyway they needed my card for security purposes... The day after I noticed my account was missing the total of my quote of the hotel bill, I disputed this with the hotel and they said they hadn't charged me but just 'blocked' the money out of my account. But I was not told this would happen... Then I was told that was it it wouldn't come out again. Much to my horror when I checked my account upon my arrival home IT HAD INDEED COME OUT AGAIN!! I rang my bank they told me they had taken payment twice because international transactions can take longer they got impatient and took the full amount out again. I have been told by my bank the second payment will come back to me in 10 days!!! Until then looks like it's my savings that are to the rescue! Be wary of giving this hotel your card upon arrival if you do not intend to pay until you depart. Very very very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to The Hotel at Times Square? Share your experiences!