Our first visit to New York and stayed here for a week. check in is a 3pm and we arrived at 2, the receptionist processed our check when we arrived but as I knew check in wasn't until 3pm I figured we would have to wait. we were asked to take a seat and within 10 minutes we were called to the desk. Unfortunately I was just handed two key cards and told to go down to the back elevator-not even told the room number. I figured that the first number of the room was the floor but was disappointed at the lack of customer service. Having worked in hotels and with customers every day it was the least I would have expected.
The room was very small, I had read reviews about the size of the room and expected this, although at the end of the day all we needed was a bed and a shower so we didn't mind too much.
The window looked out onto two walls but again, its a major city and not every room can have a view and I understood this. although I was disappointed as the window didn't allow ANY natural light in during the day which left us feeling a little disorientated in the morning.
The cleaning service did come around every day to provide new towels and make the bed. the overall cleanliness of the room was something to be desired. The corners haven't been hoovered in a while and there were stains all over the curtains. The surfaces weren't dusted daily either as I would expect from a daily cleaning service.
The bathroom was on the small side but it had a powerful shower/bath.
The location was excellent!! 2 minute walk from 5th avenue and all the shops and 1 block from times square and the Rockefeller Centre.
We only had breakfast once in the hotel and it was ok-doughnuts fruit and breads. it is included in the price so you cant ask for much more.
Over all the price of the hotel is very good for its location in NYC. All we needed was a bed to sleep in at night as we were out exploring during the day (and the bed was very very very comfortable!)
At the end of the day you really do get what you pay for and we were happy with what we got. If the little things like the cleanliness of the room was improved it would be an excellent hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are going to be out during the day and exploring the amazing NYC.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel At Times Square
- At Times Square Hotel
- Super 8 New York City
- Super 8 Times Square
- Super 8 Hotel Times Square
- Super Eight New York City
- Super 8 Hotel New York
- Super 8 New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated The Hotel at Times Square, a boutique hotel, offers clean and elegant accomodations with free wireless Internet access, flat screen TVs, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Olotels, Priceline, BookIt.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Hotel at Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.