“NYC” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #301 of 466 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good service with friendly staff. Nice clean rooms, however the rooms were a bit small. Location was excellent, literally a 5min walk from Times Sq. Our room also had a nice view of NYC. i would possibly consider returning to this hotel, but the room did bother me for the price we paid. Not as modern as other hotels in the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The wife and I were in NYC for 2 nights prior to a Bahamas cruise. I had searched high and low for a reasonable rate and had settled on one of the Double Trees in NYC. Unfortunately the rate jumped before I booked so I started looking a little more. I hadn't seen this hotel before but it showed up at $150 a night so it warranted a closer look.

For my $150 a night I got free wifi and breakfast. This is what really sealed the deal for me. Add this to the great location only a couple blocks from Times Square and I felt that I got a great value. There is a nice lobby with computers for guests at no charge. Hot water was great and so was the shower. The staff was very friendly.

The only negative I have was the room size. It was small. I guess this is the norm in NYC though.

When we go back I expect that The Hotel at Times Square is where we will stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fightpiter
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Excellent location, very good breakfast, efficient house keeping, unhelpful conceirge which couldn't answer some simple questions and I suggest to be joined with the reception counter and to use its original space for other activities. In the midnight, their was NO spare electric adaptor to borrow and the receptionist guided me where I can buy one from!
Free WIFI, complimentary daily newspaper, free Computer with a printer in the lobby area (just ask the reception for password), free coffee, tea & hot chocolate for 24h in the lobby, free national telephone calls from your room telephone (were told about that a little pit late). We had a complimentary late check out because of our long stay (triple room for 16 nights).
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: away from elevators.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nassermkaplan
Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We travelled to NYC for our first time and needed a room for only one night since we were staying with a friend the rest of the time. We found this place online, and ended up booking it because it was a reasonable price and close to Times Square, which is where we figured we'd visit the first night. Upon check in they couldn't find our reservation, and it ended up that the reservation had been made for the night before. We thought maybe we could just change the reservation date for that day, but that was not the case. Now I understand that it was our fault the room was booked incorrectly, however it was a simple human error that wasn't done on purpose. We were forced to pay for another room, and when I asked why we couldn't switch dates the the girl checking us in just said "I can let you speak with the manager, but she's not going to do anything". I hate to pull this card, but I used to work in management at the front office for a very large resort in Florida, and we would've accommodated a person in my situation, made sure that we took care of them , and didn't make them feel like they were idiots. Because of this experience I won't be returning. The rooms were really good, but that situation could've been handled differently, especially considering I know that resort wasn't booked up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at The Hotel at Times Square, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear MG239,
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the mix-up. Like most hotels these days, we send out an email confirmation which will tell you the date you reserved a room for. We also remind you that in order to cancel a reservation without a charge you must call by 3pm the day before arrival, otherwise you will be charged for one night. We realize that once in a while mistakes happen, but this is why we send out the confirmation email so guests can make sure they reserved for the correct night.

Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience and hope you will reconsider staying with us for future visits to New York City.

Liz from Apple Core Hotels
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are in NYC, you probably aren't planning to spend much time in your hotel room. You just need a modest priced, comfy place to crash that is close to the places you want to go. This hotel fits the bill perfectly! The decor in the room was very relaxing, the bed was super comfortable. I could hear the street noise from the bathroom, but when I closed the bathroom door, the room was extremely quiet and so clean! The hotel offers breakfast with the room and while it wasn't anything spectacular, the breakfast had a wide variety of options plus coffee and juice. The only negatives were the cramped hallways and the elevator that didn't run very often. Everything else was much better than I expected for a hotel at this price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank redbird4
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here last August. The staff was friendly at all hours. The breakfast was fine. The room was clean. Had a view of the apartment behind, but we're only there to sleep anyway! The beds were comfortable. Has a safe. The hotel has a free coffee machine available at all hours. The location was great - we were able to walk to many attractions. Very quiet location. They can arrange tours for you, or arrange a taxi to the airport. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the hotel behind are very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Winfield363
East Norriton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great Location
Customer Service OK, but nothing outstanding
Not tied up to any major Hotel Chain so no Awards or Customer Loyalty programs
Well Maintained small rooms, but noisy corridors with tourist crowd
Perfect fit if U plan to spend most of your day out, and come back just to crash
Ideal for toiurists

Room Tip: Stay away from 2nd floor rooms as Bar for some strange reason is located right in the middle.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business