“Great location, price, room” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Hotel at Times Square to your Saves list
The Hotel at Times Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   59 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #293 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great location, price, room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are in NYC, you probably aren't planning to spend much time in your hotel room. You just need a modest priced, comfy place to crash that is close to the places you want to go. This hotel fits the bill perfectly! The decor in the room was very relaxing, the bed was super comfortable. I could hear the street noise from the bathroom, but when I closed the bathroom door, the room was extremely quiet and so clean! The hotel offers breakfast with the room and while it wasn't anything spectacular, the breakfast had a wide variety of options plus coffee and juice. The only negatives were the cramped hallways and the elevator that didn't run very often. Everything else was much better than I expected for a hotel at this price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here last August. The staff was friendly at all hours. The breakfast was fine. The room was clean. Had a view of the apartment behind, but we're only there to sleep anyway! The beds were comfortable. Has a safe. The hotel has a free coffee machine available at all hours. The location was great - we were able to walk to many attractions. Very quiet location. They can arrange tours for you, or arrange a taxi to the airport. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the hotel behind are very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
East Norriton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great Location
Customer Service OK, but nothing outstanding
Not tied up to any major Hotel Chain so no Awards or Customer Loyalty programs
Well Maintained small rooms, but noisy corridors with tourist crowd
Perfect fit if U plan to spend most of your day out, and come back just to crash
Ideal for toiurists

Room Tip: Stay away from 2nd floor rooms as Bar for some strange reason is located right in the middle.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed here, and at other Apple Core hotels, on several occasions. The hotel is spotlessly clean -- cleaner than most 5 star hotels -- and the location is great, with a big variety of reasonably priced restaurants nearby. There is a nice continental breakfast in an (also spotlessly clean) breakfast area in the basement. And the price is unbelievable for the value by NYC standards. Rooms are a bit on the small side, but that is nothing to complain about given overall quality and value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I arrived this morning to this hotel for a relaxed two nights and three days, tried to check in but found out that my reservation has been cancelled.... The reason stated was that my credit card was invalid, as I had lost my credit card 12 days ago and had it cancelled for safety. In the meantime I was issued a new working visa. I contemplated calling the hotel and letting them know, however, when I received a CONFIRMATION of reservation e-mail two days prior to my arrival, I thought it unnecessary. So, at the desk they explained to me that, yes, they send confirmation e-mails even though credit card did not go through??? And now they tell me my reservation is cancelled even though they never bothered to let me know.
Then, they miraculously found a room for me for which they would charge me a market price (higher than what we originally booked for).
I talked to the manager who did not show much care about my situation and tried to rip me off by not matching the price they confirmed in the e-mail they sent me.
They gave me no choice but to leave the hotel and look for another one. I am settled in at Milford Plaza and am happy to share my experience with everyone else. I talked to other hotel staff such as Best Western, Hilton etc. and asked what they think about this and they said that Hotel @ Times Square should have honoured the price they confirmed with me as they had available room when I arrived. By the way, I also felt that this hotel did not look at all close to the pictures posted online. Travellers beware!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at The Hotel at Times Square, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Sanda D,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your reservation was canceled. When a credit card is invalid, the reservation is automatically canceled. The confirmation is sent to all who will be arriving soon as a reminder, and is sent regardless of whether the credit card is valid. If there is a change in the credit card used to book, we encourage guests to let us know of such changes so their reservations do not get canceled. We are sorry we could not honor your original rate, however our rates are always very competitive and we always provide an excellent value by including free amenities like breakfast, WIFI, and domestic phone calls.
We hope you will give us another chance the next time you return to New York City.
Liz from Apple Core Hotels