“So happy with my choice” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Hotel at Times Square to your Saves list
The Hotel at Times Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   59 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #278 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Sydney
“So happy with my choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We arrived at 8am. I decided on the way from the airport that I would change our room to a 2 bedroom suite and luckily they had a room ready for us when we arrived. Great start after travelling from Australia believe me. The 2 bedroom is good for a family of four. The size is adequate and we had a view of the GE building which was nothing special. We used the free breakfast every second day of our 11 night stay and we never had a problem with crowds. If you go early around 7am then hardly anyone is there. Staff are friendly enough and housekeeping do a great job. The free coffee making machine in the foyer is a god send after a day of sight seeing in the freezing cold.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my 2 children and I couldn't have been happier. I was upgraded from room with two double beds to one with two queen beds which made a big difference when sharing beds. The room was very clean and a decent size for a New York room. The bathroom was adequate size and also clean. The heating and cooling sytem was adjustable in the room and warmed and cooled the room very efficiently. The location was perfect as it was just one and a half blocks from the center of Times Square. I realized that I had forgotten my cell phone charger and when I inquired at the front desk, the very kind clerk lent me his own charger for the night. In fact, every employee we encountered was very kind. There was also a very nice breakfast in the morning. All of this for a very reasonable price!!!! I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

To my surprise rooms are large enough and walk in dress room is actually interesting . Bathroom could be larger defenately bathroom sink . Heating in my room did not work during my last night i stayed there and it was of course a very cold night . A breakfast is served complimentary but do not expect a large breakfast buffet but rather just something that will do . Hotel is well taken care of but will surely not win a design or deco prize. For a city as new york and where this hotel is located i find the rate this hotel charges cheap considering rooms are comfy and have a nice wide screen tv as desk and wireless phone. No minibar in the rooms and the only ice cube machine is in the lobby. If this hotel would help guests checking out holding A taci for transport to airport i personally would apreciate. This hotel gave me what i wanted , a good night of sleep and during a very cold winter week in nyc just a short walk to 5th avn . I will be back soon to enjoy but also check this hotel again and see if the little flaws have been corected.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great location, close to everything but not in the middle of the crowds. Nice, clean, updated rooms. Free continental breakfast. Staff is excellent. I have been staying here every January for the past 15 years. Great value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Long story made short:

- Great location, just a couple of blocks away from Times Square, right next to the Subway (47-50 Rockefeller) and 5' away from Times Square's subway station (most major lines cross this station).

- Great staff. The personnel was very friendly and ready to solve every single problem that would arise. Special credits to receptionists Harpreet and Ella, who are by a clear mile the hotel's superstars, always very kind and friendly and did a great job.

- 24/7 stores right next to the hotel, that includes eating spots, drugstores, supermarkets, etc.

- Rooms cleaned daily. Fair overall service, however it can be improved significantly, as there have been a few days that I would find the cleaner's hair on my towels and my sheets.

- Average to small in size but that shouldn't be a problem unless you're planning to host a party in there.

- Free wi-fi internet access. A big plus when you still try to find your way to NY. Free use of 2 Macs by the reception for the guests, as well as 2 HP laser printers.

- Nice breakfast. A variety of foods and beverages. Coffee, milk, corn flakes, donuts, bananas, breads, butter and jam, orange juice, boiled eggs and more.

- Gym. Trivial but still a big plus if you want to keep in shape.

- Noise and disturbances has been an issue during my stay. For the days I had noisy neighbors I found it very difficult to sleep. There's also a constant dull background noise on the back side of the building, probably it's due to the air-conditioning units installed in the backyard, as well as the fire-safety doors slamming all night in the corridor that can turn out to be pretty disturbing, too.

- A nice hall in the reception. Can accommodate quite a few guests. Meetings' table. Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate beverages by the reception. Shuttle and tours operator next to the reception. Free luggage storage for the case your flight is later than the time of your checkout.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Saint Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My 2 adult daughters and I stayed here for 5 nights for a January get away. The hotel was clean, beds were super comfy and we had free access to internet use and WiFi. The free continental breakfast was OK but their 24 hours coffee/cappuccino/hot chocolate machine was fabulous. We frequented this a few times a day and saved us loads of money compared to Starbucks and just as delicious and as individualized, too. The location was unbeatable with just 2 blocks from center of Times Square or subway. We were able to walk to so many attractions. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Hotel at Times Square? Share your experiences!