I have difficulty finding words to describe how managment treat people. Back in March 2012 my husband and I were looking for hotel rooms for our Christmas/New Year's trip. We found this hotel that charged $235 per night and we could guarantee this rate for the entire 10 days we were going to be there. We called and spoke directly with the front desk (not reservations) and were told that we could reserve the room. The room could be cancelled at anytime up to 24 hours prior to arrival. The clerk did not ask for an email and provided the confirmation over the phone.
On the same day we found different hotel through Hotwire.com that gave us a rate of $175 per night for the entire 10 days. We booked through hotwire and then called The Hotel At Time Square to cancel our reservation. We spoke with the same clerk who said that everything had been taken care of. We asked for a cancelation number and he said there wasn't one and that we had nothing to worry about.
Fast forward 9 months. We are in NYC and my husband looks at his banking info- the Hotel at Time Square charged us for one night as a no -show fee. On the last day of our trip (New Year's Eve) we go over to the hotel to sort this out. The hotel manager, Sunnie, would not reverse the charge and said that we would have been given a cancellation number. After explaining the story several times all she would say is that they "held the room in good faith" even though we had good faith that our reservation was cancelled. We asked her to which email the confirmation number and cancellation number would have been sent to she said one was not on file and one had not been provided to her at the time of the reservation.
When we returned from the trip, I sent Sunnie an email containing the confirmation email of the hotel we did end up staying at (who would spend money on two hotels for one trip?) as well as a list of our long distance phone records to prove that we called on the same day. Unfortuantely our phone records did not show any of the Toll Free Numbers we had called and we couldn't prove that we had, in fact cancelled our reservation on the same day it was made. To add insult to injury, Sunnie replied to my email and said that a confirmation email and a welcom letter was sent to my email - How could that be since she had said (prior to receiving my email address by me sending her an email to clarify the situation) that no address had been provided at the time of reservation? Unfortuantly, the manager is not willing to reverse the charges and we are stuck with the bill... goes to show that no matter what any one tells you ALWAYS get it in writing.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel At Times Square
- At Times Square Hotel
- Super 8 New York City
- Super 8 Times Square
- Super 8 Hotel Times Square
- Super Eight New York City
- Super 8 Hotel New York
- Super 8 New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated The Hotel at Times Square, a boutique hotel, offers clean and elegant accomodations with free wireless Internet access, flat screen TVs, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your The Hotel at Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.