We stayed during the hurricaine Sandy and found the hotel comfortable and a good deal for the price. The internet and tv problems were probably due to the weather but there were some indications from staff that they have on going problems. Normally TV would not be an issue but during the storm it was our life line to what was going on, the effects and length of the storm, what was closed (everything) and how the airports fared.
The price was excellent compared to other NYC hotels
We moved to Comfort Inn Manhattan half way though the trip to take advantage of reward miles and would have preferred to stay at the Hotel at Times Square. Comfort Inn was dark and dated in comparison.
Hotel at Times Square was better for location, hotel room sized and updates. It was much closer to times Square and Midtown attractions.
Comfort Inn Manhattan had a better breakfast and was better for access to lower Manhattan which we could access after the storm. It was closer to the subway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated The Hotel at Times Square, a boutique hotel, offers clean and elegant accomodations with free wireless Internet access, flat screen TVs, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Hotel at Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel At Times Square
- At Times Square Hotel
- Super 8 New York City
- Super 8 Times Square
- Super 8 Hotel Times Square
- Super Eight New York City
- Super 8 Hotel New York