I tried looking for the cheapest accomodation in New York in Autumn. Of course, it was difficult and so I settled for this hostel as it's location is good and indeed one of the cheapest in NYC. Reservation was not as efficient as I hoped. I had to call numerous times as I found out that the room I booked was not actually reserved for me and offered to somebody else. Well, they sorted it out after several long distance calls, but I almost had to beg them to give me assurance that I'll have a room when I get there. I booked a standard single and it was even worse than my very low expectation. It was a really tiny room with a small window and furniture that looked like it was bought from a flea market or salvaged from a garage sale. It was a nightmare and I really didn't even want to sit on the bed. I felt so sorry for myself for traveling on a budget, I wanted to cry. The view from the window was depressing. The shared bathroom was soooo bad I stopped myself from drinking liquids to limit my use of the toilet. After 2 sleepless nights, i tried asking Patrick to transfer me to a deluxe room or anything better than what I had and luckily they found one for me. Patrick was helpful. The new room I got was wayyy better, with my own toilet and bath. Still not the best, but at that time it was a big relief for me. Room was still small but a lot bigger than the previous one. It was decent enough. Wifi is only available at the lobby. I had to sit on the stairs. On their website they say that they have a common room/lounge area at the basement where there's wifi. Yes, there's a lounge area that was pretty scary and empty, and of course, there's no wifi there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great and affordable place to stay in New York City for travelers and students, as well as the perfect solution to all short and long term housing.The Morningside Inn is in the heart of New York City's vibrant Upper Westside - Morningside Heights. So close to Columbia and Barnard, the music and theological colleges, as well as the magnificent Cathedral St. John the Divine. The Hudson River Greenway and Riverside Park are steps from our door. The hotel is housed in a 6-story, elevator pre-war building with the old world charm of that era. All rooms are fresh and have been decorated in comfortable style. Excellent citywide bus and subway transportation are at Broadway, and the city M60 bus takes our guests from and to LaGuardia Airport directly for one Metrocard fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Budget Places, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Morningside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morningside Hotel New York City
- Morningside New York City
- Morningside Inn New York