“Spacious, Clean & Delightful” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #164 of 449 hotels in New York City
pompano
“Spacious, Clean & Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

You know me by now, I typically only stay at the old Helmsley on 42nd st. but my boss is into these "boutique" hotels & since I was traveling with her, I booked it & guess what....I LOVED IT...so clean, nice size bathroom, couch in the room & a USA today at my doorstep every morning, gotta love that! Honestly, the location is great! Even though it's in the middle of Times Square, it's very quiet & easy to get around as I was on a business trip & forever going up, down & around town.
If you want to stay mid town & enjoy a nice, spacious & clean room, BOOK IT, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: They provide a nice continental breakfast but if you're hungry, I'd go next door to the fabu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Phillip B, Manager at The Premier Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you very much for that positive review. We look forward to your future stays with us and hope that you will consider The Premier Hotel your home away from home.

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
PacNW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

For $500+/night I'd expect a more ship-shape room, especially in the Premier Tower, which I was told was "more luxury." TV barely worked, looked like SD. Couldn't even get a solid signal for ESPN for Monday Night Football. A little rough around the edges infrastructure wise, for example grout and paint job in bathroom has seen better days. Bed comfortable, though, and room was very large for NYC.

Breakfast was continental, similar bagels to a $150/night Holiday Inn, if you ask me. Premier lobby cold and a bit unwelcoming. Seems like a private lobby perhaps for serviced apartments? Actual Millennium lobby next door. I image the Marriott Marquis around the corner, for instance, might be a bit more up-to-date and polished, something to expect at this price point.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for the feedback. I am dissapointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would welcome any addtional feedback you may have regarding your stay ie the room you stayed in etc. it is alway nice to receive a 5 star review but when we receive a review less than a 5 or a 4 we want to fix any problem and improve as a hotel. We appreciate your business and I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully have you return and enjoy our hotel during another NYC visit.
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Premier is an excellent "vacation" when in NYC. We had stayed at the Millenium several times but the Premier is an excellent bonus. The special breakfast & happy hour was great - especially the staff!!! The rooms are immaculate & very quiet. Definitely excellent value. Look forward to a return visit knowing the Premier will be

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
The staff and I thank you for your wonderful response! We strive to provide great service and make our guests as comfortable and welcomed as possible. We will look forward to your return to our hotel, hopefully in the near future.
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My daughter and I had a lovely stay here. We found all the staff really helpful especially Patrick. :-) The location was superb. We were upgraded to the Premium and enjoyed the extras provided( for example the free breakfasts )

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for my daughter and I for a week. On arriving at concierge we were advised that we had been given a free upgrade to a Premium room and me being the sceptical person I am assumed it would eventually cost me! Free breakfast for both of us...could this be too good to be true?
No it was all legitimate, we accessed via the Premier concierge desk - all the staff were extremely friendly really cannot fault any of them. Nothing was to much trouble, we were always greeted with a warm smile and polite conversation.
The all you can eat continental breakfast was much appreciated and set us up for the day, again, staff were very polite and helpful. We used the bar a couple of times but it never seemed overly busy - not sure why. We received excellent service when we used it, shame it was not used more!
Situated in the heart of Times Square, we found this hotel perfectly located, all the Broadway theaters are very easily accessible - we went to see Phantom of the Opera...HIGHLY recommended!
You really can shop till you drop - typical New York everything is BIGGER and BETTER and it really is the city that does not sleep.
On a side note: I highly recommend a meal at The Hard Rock Cafe - well worth a wait, you wont be disappointed.
And finally - As two women travelling together I have to say that at no point did we feel threatened in fact quite the opposite...every one we spoke to and met were extremely helpful!
Downside: There are however a lot of people 'asking' for money for food, drink and the honest one's are asking for money for weed! It does get on your nerves as there does seem to be a lot of this going on around Times Square.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

First I want to state that I have stayed at several Millennium Hotels across the globe and have generally found them to be outstanding. Perhaps that's why the train wreck we experienced this weekend was such a surprise. This was clearly a case of poor management and poor customer service. I spend over 100 nights a year in hotels and I can honestly say that this was the worse customer service experience I've had this year
Round 1
First we had booked three rooms for a family weekend of theatre in the city. My partner arrived before I did and tried to check in. Instead of politely telling him he had to wait till four or explaining as the reservation for all rooms was in my name so they needed proof he was authorized to check in the front desk clerk was rude and hostile questioning if my partner was at the right hotel. Then he quizzed my partner over which room he was sleeping in and despite my calling the hotel and explaining the situation I had to have the reservation changed by the booking agent. My partner asked to speak to the manager and first he was told that the manager didn't work on weekends and when he insisted the guy told him that "there was no point as the manager would tell him the same thing". When after my partner insisted that he he speak to the manager the front desk manager came out and was actually quite competent and explained that as the room wouldn't be ready till four it was a moot point and suggested that my partner have lunch then come back. In the meantime I called the booking agent and asked them to alter the reservation which they did. When we then attempted to recheck in the new desk clerk insisted there was now only one reservation. Only after insisting he look by confirmation numbers did he find it. Then he gave me a lecture on how this was a result of adding my partners name ...huh. ..I added my partners name because they asked me to. Overall, rude hostile and misinformed.
Round 2
Getting home late to the room we noticed the AC suddenly shut off and the room was filled with smell of smoke. I immediately called the operator and said we smell smoke. She told us she would send security. 10 minutes later and more smoke we called again. The operator seemed surprised security hadn't arrived. I said it was urgent and also we needed to switch rooms. She connected me to front desk and this snide and offensive woman answered. I told her the situation and she said there were No more rooms and there wasn't anything she could do. I insisted that since it was her hotel room that smelled like smoke she needed to deal with it she said "I can't do anything till I talked to my manager " huh...a guest has a smoke filled room but she has to talk to a manager. Finally the security guy arrived and to be honest he was great. He acknowledged that there was definitely smoke in the room, he called engineering and told me of course we needed to move rooms. The engineers came in and decided to pull the room from inventory.

The phone rang and it was the front desk clerk who told me a room had been found and we could come down and get a key. Okay. Maybe it's me but since this is the premier tower and it's their equipment pouring smoke in the room at midnight maybe they should have offered to bring the key to us and send a bellman to help us move rooms...that would be good service and the front desk staff here seems immune to it. When we did go down to get the new keys she was brusque and rude and not once said " I'm sorry your having to move rooms at midnight" or I'm sorry this has been a problem " the phrase I'm sorry or how can I help is not in her vocabulary.
All I can think is people like these get what they deserve...unemployment as their business dwindles..perhaps she can get a job at the DMV but that would require better customer service skills.
I'll never be back to that millennium or any in the future. Of course one of the great things about NYC is that their are hundreds of great hotels...this just isn't one of them. It's awful

Room Tip: Don't stay here. That's my tip
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vineyard Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Location perfect, close to restaurant row and ofcourse all the shows! Rooms are comfortable, clean with great view of Times Square. The Hotel Staff are knowlegeable and friendly. Monique went above and beyond are expectations with great recommendations for site seeing and restaurants! We will definately stay at the Premier when we are in NYC. It was our 3rd time there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Phillip B, Manager at The Premier Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your most recent stay. I am glad to hear the the team took great care of you during your time with us and I have already passed along your positive feedback to our team. We look forward to your next stay with us and Thank you again for great feedback.

Been to The Premier Hotel? Share your experiences!