“Grey Line Tour NYC” 4 of 5 stars

Portland, Oregon
15 attraction reviews
“Grey Line Tour NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We had a great experience on Grey Line's "all loops tour" in NYC. You can hop on and off the bus at any time, and can do upper Manhattan Loop, Lower Manhattan Loop, Brooklyn Loop, and the Night Time Tour for one price of $54. The ticket is good for 48 hours. We enjoyed hopping on at Times Square, hopping off at Central Park, then to Harlem, down to the former World Trade Centers, and night at the Empire State Building. Really a great value, educated tour, and lots of options! If you haven't been to NYC and done an organized tour, it's worth it.

Visited June 2012

Indianapolis
“Fantastic 18th birthday adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

What a fun and exciting trip for mother and daughter! Lisa made everything in NYC easy. Her familiarity with restaurants, attractions, and subway/taxi system took all the anxiety out of our planning and freed us up to enjoy our time to the fullest. We covered a lot of ground while Lisa shared just enough information to add meaning to the sights. Seeing a Broadway show, walking across the Brooklyn bridge, and Central Park were the highlights? Now I can't wait to take my son to NYC!

Visited February 2012
Telluride, Colorado
“Amazing NYC visit with my teenage daughter...upon arrival transpo, shows, shopping, museums made magically simple!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

It has been a dream of my daughter's to visit NYC. For her 15th birthday, I decided to embark on this adventure...but where to begin? I'm a busy working mother of teenagers, I did not have the time or NYC specific knowledge to pull this together. Not to mention I do not live in an urban setting so the logistics of travel within the city were overwhelming to me. I enlisted the help of Plan Your Trip NYC. Wow! Occasionally you make a decision that is priceless...this was one of those decisions. With a very limited outline of what we wanted to do, Lisa put together a magical weekend filled with sight-seeing, wonderful dining experiences, fabulous broadway shows, art, history, etc. What I most appreciated was never feeling lost, alone or overwhelmed.
We arrived in Newark airport. We were met there and guided through the complicated train and subway system to arrive at our lodging. Our restaurant was selected for us ensuring a pleasant dining experience after a long day of travel. Saturday we began with a stroll thru Central Park to the Metropolitan Museum of Art followed by a most anticipated shopping trip in mid-town. Everything from tickets to subway directions were clearly laid out for us making the time spent in awe-filled not anxiety-ridden. I highly recommend both Central Park and the Metro. Saturday evening was our first Broadway show, Wicked. Again the tickets and dinner reservations, travel plans were handled for us so we could just enjoy Broadway...and that we did! Sunday morning brought the water taxi tour of the island and a stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge. I know I would not have found the treat on my own and what a treat is was...the view of NYC and surrounding burroughs,the history, and up close picture of Lady Liberty really brought a new appreciation to our trip. Sunday afternoon we went to our second Broadway matinee, Godspell. Another fabuluous day made simple. Monday we had a fun day of riding subway, walking through Chinatown, Little Italy, Times Square, the Rockfeller Center and shopping(did I mention I was with my teenage daughter :) Tuesday morning we flew back home.
I highly recommend Plan Your Trip NYC for your next trip. This four day trip itinerary custom-tailored to be perfect for our energy level and interests. I also recommend a comfortable pair of walking shoes, warm coat with hood, very small over- the-shoulder handbag, cell phone with camera and compass(for orienting yourself after emerging from subway) .
The memories made on this trip bond my daughter and I even closer during this stage of our relationship and we will cherish them forever.

Visited November 2011