We got to our hotel in Soho , a great location, however the hotel got worse each day. First, we could not get in the front doors were not working and they never fixed them during out 4 day stay. Then the elevator stopped working. We had to carry our luggage down 3 flights of stairs!
The only good thing at this hotel was the staff they tried to do what they could for us. They were very friendly especially for a NYC hotel. Apparently the ownership does not see fit to make their guests comfortable by fixing what is broken! Also the beds were smaller then the frame it sat on and I kept banging my shins on the corner. The mattress was crazy bad, need an adjustment just to keep my back from going out after sleeping on it! Very noisy as well!
- Also Known As:
- The Gem Hotel-Soho, An Ascend Collection Hotel Hotel
- The Gem Hotel-Soho, An Ascend Collection Hotel Hotel New York City
- The Gem Hotel
- Howard Johnson New York City
- New York City Clarion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wifi. The GEM Hotel SoHo is ideally located in "your corner of the world." We provide a boutique atmosphere and offer our guests elegantly designed rooms with luxurious amenities.We are conveniently located in the neighborhood of SoHo and the Lower East Side. This trendy Manhattan neighborhood is filled with chic art galleries, night club hotspots, world-famous restaurants, shopping and more. Spend an afternoon strolling the local neighborhoods and attractions such as Nolita, Chinatown, Little Italy, Canal Street and New York University (NYU). You can admire the art galleries and upscale boutiques within SoHo, or enjoy the East Village's excellent cafes and restaurants. The Lower East Side, once a first stop for poor immigrants and crammed with crowded tenements, small shops and warehouses, is now home to chic restaurants and boutiques, and some of the city's coolest night clubs, bars and music venues.The GEM Hotel SoHo offers a wide array of amenities and services that add value. For no additional charge, guests can enjoy wired & wireless Internet access, premium bottled water, nightly turndown service with our signature pillow mist, and shoeshine and concierge services.All guest rooms are smoke-free and have flat-panel LCD televisions with HD programming, iPod docking stations, cordless telephones, paraben-free bath amenities, bath robes, down pillows, plush towels and Wolfgang Puck coffee. Standard room amenities include coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards.While staying at The GEM Hotel SoHo, check out the GEMmine in the lobby to find what is happening in the neighborhood; sights, sounds, dining and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Loews Hotels, Choice Hotels, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, EasyToBook, getaroom.com and Fareportal so you can book your The GEM Hotel SoHo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.