“Nice bar spot before a great dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Corkbuzz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #775 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We believe in enjoying wine and talking about wine in a way that makes everyone feel welcome and never intimidated. Corkbuzz is many things: - A wine bar, where you can meet up with your best friends as well as make new ones. - A wine-centric restaurant, where wine lovers, grape growers, sommeliers, chefs and winemakers come together to share their common enthusiasm for wine. - A home base for wine education, where you can take recreational classes to help you understand what you like in a wine as well as more in-depth classes that can provide you with the knowledge to pursue a professional career in wine. - An event space, where wine dinners and parties encourage new conversations and relationships. Whether you're a novice or an expert, we want you to mingle, drink, laugh and indulge.
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice bar spot before a great dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stopped here before a dinner reservation because we had time to kill and wanted to check out some hot spots. It was wonderful! We had some apps to share and some delicious sparkling wine. It wasn't the most spacious bar but the servers and managers carried on conversation with all 6 people in my party. They were having fun and so were we!

Visited July 2012

Brookline, Massachusetts
“Surprisingly delicious food, wine a bit pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Went here on a weekend night. We tried multiple different small plates as well as several glasses of wine. We thought every food dish was delicious, and we were surprised by how good they were. There is an excellent wine selection, although we thought the pricing per glass was too high. There is a long bar with small tables up front as well as three huge tables in the back. They can accommodate large parties, but they will also seat several small groups at the same table. Overall, a fun experience.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Snooty service for so-so food...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I came to Adore for the second time and received completely different service than I did previously when I was alone. First thing was I ordered a sopressata sandwich that had really bland mozzarella on a hard toasted French baguette. Because there wasn't too much flavor and the overall sandwich was dry I asked for mayo or mustard from the waitress. She proceeded to say that she wasn't going to give it to me because mustard is "supposed to be on roast beef..." or something to that effect. She told me the only thing I was allowed to have on this sandwich combination was olive oil. When I told her I still wanted the mustard she again refused where I proceeded to tell her that I no longer want the sandwich and to take it back and stated the fact that if I took the sandwich to go, they'd have no control over what I added to it.

I've dined in 5 star restaurants and have a friend who worked with Jean George and other high end restaurants who has never acted as snooty and condescending as she was to me and my guest.

The second issue I had was while we were eating we were also doing some work at the table (as were 2 other tables that arrived BEFORE us). While we were there (which was about an hour...not a long time for the amount of food we had: we had soup, an entree, drinks AND a dessert each!) we were approached by another rude waitress, while I still had dessert on my plate and we were basically told we couldn't do work there (in otherwards leave) because they needed tables for people waiting outside...we left less than 5 mins after and there was NO ONE waiting. The worst part of the whole ordeal is that they did not say the same remark to the table beside us (a table with 3 older white women with notebooks on their table). I was not dressed like a bum or am a penniless student...I am Chinese and my friend Caucasian, and all of the staff these young Japanese kids so I don't know why they are acting all high and mighty with their C!!!! HEALTH RATED shop (I must have missed that posting otherwise I wouldn't have stepped foot in there, but another yelper posted this helpful tidbit). Maybe they took the rating down or hid it somewhere. Anyway, to say the least I won't be returning and will tell anyone else the same.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“They always close too early, what is up with that!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

They always close too early, what is up with that!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“a bit expensive...but fresh and great quality.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

a bit expensive...but fresh and great quality.