“Delicious -great atmosphere. great music (not too loud)” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Saxon and Parole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #673 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse, Vegetarian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bleecker Street
Transit: 6 Train to Bleecker St B/D/F/M Train to Broadway-Lafayette St or 2nd Ave N/R Train to Price St
San Francisco, CA
“Delicious -great atmosphere. great music (not too loud)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This restaurant is very comfortable, delicious, well priced and all around amazing. This is now my second trip to this S + P and it lived up to my expectations. My first visit last August was soooo outstanding, I couldn't wait to return -- and it did not disappoint. Yum! Last time I came with a larger group and we were able to order a variety of plates from the menu. The portions are decent sized -and we all split everything. This time, I came with just one other person and we split five dishes, wine, and dessert - all for $135!

The mushroom / Whiskey pot is a MUST try. We didn't get the burger -but the table next to us ordered it and I could hear the guy telling his date how delicious it was. We also had the tuna & scallop tartar, the risotto (yum!), a great salad, oysters, all so good!

The service was fantastic. The music was really great but not loud. I loved it. The atmosphere is perfect for a fun night with great conversation. The staff did not rush us and all in all, it was an amazing second visit. Can't wait to come back next time I'm in New York.

London, United Kingdom
“Brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went to S&P for the second time last weekend. First time was in the summer when we sat outside and everything seemed wonderful in the summer sun. Much quieter even inside on a wet Saturday. Service was good, although we seemed to be served (water, food, coffee top ups) by lots of different people. Food - Smithfield Mangalista ham was a great choice. The French toast was tasty, but not as appetising to look at. Food is good value, the beverages not so much ($6 for a small juice).
Overall a decent location to know about, but don't cross town to visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in by chance, never having heard of this restaurant. The food was very good, my partner had the French toast, which he said was amazing. I had the eggs Benedict, which I loved. Service was great . Our server accidentally dropped a few fries when he put them on the table, he immediately got us another order. We were pleasantly surprised by the delicious food and excellent service.

Europe
“Very cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This restaurant is great. The food is amazing. The staff are fun and sharp. The service was good. Its a great space with lots of people watching. well worth a visit!

London, United Kingdom
“Great Place .. loved it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Really loved our visit to Saxon and Parole. Its a great place with very friendy staff that serves great good in a nice atmosphere. I really recommend this place !!

• Visited April 2012