“If you're spoiled, this is your place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Out NYC

You added The Out NYC to your Saves list
The Out NYC
4.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   510 West 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Offers & Announcements
Early Bird Special
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“If you're spoiled, this is your place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I just spent 8 nights at The Out and my experience couldn't be any better. Location is great, the staff, very friendly and the hotel itself is super clean and comfortable.

I was a bit wary when I arrived after reading reviews about the noise from the club next door and, honestly, I didn't have any major issues with that. I stayed in a dorm (room 107) and yes, I could hear a little bit of noise on Friday and Saturday nights. Honestly, though, my feeling is that some people just overreact a bit. It was absolutely nothing that could disturb my sleep at all.

I strongly recommend the place and I'll definitely be back when visiting NYC again in a couple of months from now.

Room Tip: If the noise is something that worries you, ask the staff to be far from the club. But I really mean...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
OUT_NYC_Manager, General Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Renatinha22,

Thank you for your wonderful review from your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Most sincerely,
The OUT NYC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My regular jaunts were booked for a last minute trip to NY so I ventured to OUT NY for a 4-night stay. Good price, nice enough rooms. No doorman to help with luggage from the curb but when I found help, it was EXCELLENT. The bellman/housekeeping/all-around-dude greeted me, got everything and showed me around. Part of the show and tell was a "pool party" without a pool even going on at on of the 3 luscious outdoor areas on the 2nd floor. 300 boys in their underwear, and we are not talking your granny's underwear or body!! I wash't in Kansas anymore.

So I got to the room and ordered room service. Too long later a great-greasy burger came up with a napkin about the size and quality of one piece of 1-ply toilet paper. No glass, no ice for my beverage and a $9 delivery charge on top of 18% gratuity and another service charge. B-fast its restaurant downstairs and room service the next day was no better, but the food was all delicious.

The real star of the the stay was the in-house masseur. A pro, a great pro -- and nice to talk to. I am still feeling the positive effect of his cupping treatment and more. I don't know that I'd come back because I really depend on room service and being able to eat. I couldn't get a bottle of drinking water at midnight… but it definitely cool if you want to be gay, and comfortable in the big city

Room Tip: Stay away from the well walked corridors unless you want the cruisey areas...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
OUT_NYC_Manager, General Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear MikeLudin,

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us at THE OUT. Additionally, we are thrilled that you found our staff inviting and friendly. We pride ourselves on selecting some of the top representatives in New York. Please contact us directly to book your next reservation, we will be delighted to assist you in person. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently booked The Out simply because of its proximity (walking distance) to the Javits Center where I was attending a large charity function. The rooms are OK, although the building is like a motel with exterior corridors which frame a small "courtyard" with a hot tub. Also, there are only 3 floors to the hotel so if you prefer to stay on a high floor, you should book elsewhere.

The staff was friendly enough, however, this hotel lacks the normal services like valet, bellman, etc. I specifically called ahead to make sure they had a bellman who would assist with luggage and was told yes...but when I arrived, they did not. I probably would not stay here again because I prefer a full service hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bls213,

Thank you for your review! Feedback such as yours is very important to us and we strive to provide a high standard of service to our guests at all times – We sincerely regret that you did not receive that excellent service we afford to all our guests. We hope you will choose to stay with us again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My sister and I stayed her. Both found the staff to be quite helpful, and the bed and room comfortable. Really enjoyed the hot tub area (there's no pool, which I clicked on below in error). And room service delivers to it. That was a nice surprise!

On the other hand, agree with some of the other reviews--it was noisy. And I had bad jet lag so needed to get a some sleep. For that reason, not sure if I'd return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear cp076,

Thank you for taking the time to review The OUT NYC after your recent stay with us. Your feedback has been addressed with our department heads to improve our guests experience. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future!

Best regards,
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The disco rocks the entire hotel until 4 AM on Fridays and Saturdays. Sleepless nights for >$300 per night.... Patchy staff, some helpful with good attitude, some not. Good restaurant and bar with good value food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear David S,

We are so sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied and unhappy with your stay. Of course, it is never our intention for any of our guests to leave feeling they have not experienced the best possible stay. We hope you will give us another chance and upon your return we hope to fill in the blanks where you may have found inconsistencies during your initial stay. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Ahhh. The OUT is a refreshing break just a few steps from the madness of Times Square. Easy in and out and no hassle. Kitchn Restaurant has good good, if the service is a tad spotty but friendly. I will return. There is a bass boom on the weekends but didn't wake me. Check it out and be swank

Stayed May 2014
OUT_NYC_Manager, General Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Rider123,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Awesome hotel! its a clean, modern and all new hotel. The rooms are very charming and the staff willing to help you anytime. Its located pretty close to time square which is a low for me but I am sure its a high for many others. the metro is just about 2 blocks away.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MarinaTL,

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us at THE OUT. Please contact us directly to book your next reservation, we will be delighted to assist you in person. We look forward to seeing you soon!

The OUT NYC

Been to The Out NYC? Share your experiences!