“Great hotel, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Out NYC

You added The Out NYC to your Saves list
The Out NYC
4.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   510 West 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Offers & Announcements
Early Bird Special
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami, Florida
“Great hotel, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Ok very simple....

Good.
- the location
- very comfortable, clean room and very quiet.
- nice restaurant.
-jacuzzi area (relaxing)

Bad.
-Nooooo communication in front desk, I ask for a late check out, very rude ' u need call tomorrow'
- 1 night call front deal to Fixing my TV ... They take 1 day for that, and still waiting after 3 nights to some one come to my room to fix the light in the Bathroom.
- 2 night call front desk to change the iron (big black steen) no one come to my room, after 4 hours I went outside to find a housekeeping person.

Was son details in the great hotel that the manager depart need working on that, I will come back for sure, but they need working more on the service and costumer service.

Thanks

Maikiel

• Stayed July 2013
Dear maikieglez,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide me with your feedback from your recent stay at THE OUT NYC. We appreciate the feedback as it gives us a chance to improve our product and services. We do hope these minor inconveniences did not impact your stay too much and that you will join us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Morton, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have written a review before, and had to wait before I could do it again. Since the first time, I have stayed here a number of times. Each time has been incredible. From the rooms to the toiletries, everything is perfect. Charlie Katz, the front desk Director, makes sure of that. The entire staff is incredible, they are now part of the family. I don't feel like I book a room; I go home tpo a reunion. I must say, I had one friend stay there from England, another from Kentucky. The staff was the first thing they loved. The second - the beds. From comfort to the linens, everyone says they want to take them home. I guess it's the closest thing to sleeping on a cloud. Just so they stay fresh, the entry foyer artwork is changed. Better than a gallery. I cannot wait until they open their new lounge, Rosebud. You will here more from me as soon as I can post again. Probably a review of the new lounge. THANK YOU 'THE OUT' - you made me a star to everyone I either bring there or recommend you to.

Room Tip: Just tell them your preferences and trust them. No high floors (only 3), but every room has a view...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Wayne V,

Thank you so much for the kind words and it was great seeing you! I will defiantly share your post with the rest of the Team. We love to hear feedback, such as yours and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner in June 2013. We chose the out due to its descriptions of spacious rooms and we were not disappointed. We found it really hard to get a larger hotel room in New York without paying over the odds but the out has great spacious rooms with comfy beds and a nice bathroom. The staff are friendly and helpful and the jacuzzi and spa area is great. Very clean and well kept hotel. The air conditioning was fairly noisy but this seems to be the case in all hotels.

The only downfall is the price of room service is very very expensive!! $90 for two sandwiches, crisps ands drink!! The bar at the hotel is also pricey but overall a great hotel in a perfect location 5 minute walk from Times Square.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peatfield8,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us at THE OUT NYC, and we're thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay. I'm happy to hear that you took advantage of the amenities we have to offer. I hope you'll be back to visit us again!

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

When visting the city, I am typically used to staying with either the hotel brand in which I work for, or that of another fine luxury brand. I went a little off course this time stayting at this property, which ended up being a diamond in the ruff of Hell's Kitchen. The location is perfect for just about anywehere you want to UBER or walk, and the staff is incredibly accomodating. Joey at the Front Desk is GREAT, always above and beyond in his service, and the Waitstaff/Bartenders are all intersted in getting people to mingle at the bar, which is great becasue a lot of people are from everywhere around the world. The Hotel Management's presence is definately felt, and they too are all about making your stay as memorable as one can wish! I look forward to my next trip to the City, because of this property.

Room Tip: The best rooms seem to be on the South Side, so when checking in ask for a "S" room, they...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Clinton R,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback of your stay with us here at THE OUT NYC. I will be certain to pass it on to all of our department heads to share with their team. Receiving feedback like yours is what we strive for and this motivates our team to do their best.

Thanks!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We would stay at the OUT NYC over and over again.
The staff is so welcoming, you feel at ease right away. The bar (a piano player was featured when we were there) and restaurant are really great. The spa services were top notch too.
The rooms are very clean, & the bathrooms perfect.

Room Tip: The building is a low lying, 3 story building, so city views are out of the question. What you do g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael B,

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us at THE OUT NYC! Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Until next time, happy travels!

Lynn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

His card says "Director of Front Office". But, when Charles Katz is interacting with you, his guest, as you stand before him, his eyes and attention are directed at you and your business at hand. Phones will ring and will be ignored. Multi- other tasks may be deftly handled peripherally or alongside by co-staffers. But you feel as if you are the only thing that matters to them at that moment. It IS ...all about YOU ! --- I was back for my second 4-night solo stay at The Out NYC and it suddenly hit me: Despite being a frequent hotel denizen over many years, I can still be awed by an entirely new experience. Through accumulated contacts with the front staff at this exquisite oasis, a pattern emerged. Here is the near-Utopian hospitality industry microcosm. *** ( Please feel free to read my review from my first visit, Christmas Week, 2012. Headed: "An Answer to My Dreams" ... this review augments that sans repetition.)

My first visit was 4 pampered nights in the sleep-share, an upper-scale 'stel-type experience. This second excursion was mixed, as I was piqued to partake of the holistic OUT NYC concept. So, I stayed 2 nights in a share, meeting travelers from Australia & Holland. The next 2 nights were in a 42nd St. view 2nd floor room on the cusp of the great lawn and bamboo garden courtyards. The spa area was truly idyllic and, this being July, I actually got to rest and sunbathe in the various courtyards and gardens... my December trip had been so tantalizing in that regard, and here was that vision fulfilled. The Hudson River July 4th fireworks were an easy 15 minute walk for a fine vantage, as well as the Empire State Building's light show as you turned 180 degrees... it was like a tennis match, with so much sensory overload to try to absorb...all amidst a crowd that seemed devoid of bad-ittude, as everyone was in revelry mode. But it was like entering tranquil Sangri-La as you arrived 'home' and stepped through the automatic glass portals of the OUT Hotel, leaving the teeming masses behind... then retired upstairs to be waterfall-side. The room appointments and service were just as I have heard first-hand from other guests and from the bounty of reviewers herein. The hospitality-industry pure model is consistent beyond the front office and lobby. And is personified in the perma-smiling Charlie, Erin, Sammy, Bronson, Marcus, Catalina, David, and the rest whose names I never got!

The brain-trust behind the OUT hotel brand is outstanding. From personal experience, I know that opinions, ideas, and guest input are heard and heeded. You are made to feel as if this is your home away from home. And you cannot help but feel some ownership as you are welcomed into this family. The consortium of creators seems to be doing it right: they are opening a unit at a time, carefully crafting the brand, building on the good parts of their existing hotels, making each one, incredibly, better than the previous one. In a year and a few months, the OUT / CHICAGO is to open... I am already planning to build a trip to the Windy City around and as an excuse to stay at the OUT Hotel there. Now, how many other brands, themselves, are a reason to be a DESTINATION for other adventures to coalesce around? Usually, it is the location which makes the lodging necessary in the first place ! Bask in this outpouring, OUT staff, and I hope you have a spring to your step today !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Calvin A,

It was a pleasure meeting you, during your recent stay at THE OUT NYC. We truly appreciate the review and feedback! We hope each stay with us is better than the last! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you're wondering where to stay in Manhattan at a reasonable price, don't hesitate to book at The Out NYC. I like their trade mark of being the first "straight-friendly" hotel in the city. The hotel seems very well managed, the decor is modern with two quiet outdoor terraces plus the gym and spa facilities. The bar/restaurant is also inviting.

The personel is very courteous and helpful. And the hotel is perfectly located on 42nd St past 10th ave. Two blocks from Port-Authority and close to Times Square. Only good things to say about it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear normandb21,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay at THE OUT NYC. It’s great to hear you were able to take full advantage of the resort and came away with only good things to say. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and I hope all stays are as good (or better) than the last.

Best,

Been to The Out NYC? Share your experiences!