“Fun & Fabulous !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Out NYC

You added The Out NYC to your Saves list
The Out NYC
4.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   510 West 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Announcement
Save 25% for NYE
New York, New York, United States
“Fun & Fabulous !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My stay at The Out was AMAZING, I loved every bit of it. I went this past Sunday with my girlfriend as a little last minute Birthday outing and we were so happy. We stayed in room 211 which was directly in front of the Ice Skating rink ( Yes there's a mini Ice Skating Rink Right in the middle of the Second Floor! Lol) It was surreal. In the Morning it actually snowed and it just looked like something out of a magazine. The staff were so wonderful and friendly and very accommodating. Check out was at 11 and we asked to stay longer due our car service being delayed an hour and it was not a problem. Sadly we didn't get a chance to go to the Spa or see any of the courtyards be we will definitely be going back for Valentines day.
Calvin at the front desk and Hugo one of the managers were also very, very sweet.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the second floor in front of the courtyard !
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith F, Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Valerie R,
I am so glad you had a great stay at THE OUT NYC Resort! Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay with us! It was wonderful to hear that our resort met your expectations. I am especially thrilled that you found our service to be helpful and ongoing. We are so happy to have been able to make your New York experience even more wonderful and we look forward to welcoming you back again during Valentine’s Day!
THE OUT NYC Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Our room was spacious with a dramatic view of West 41st leading to the Lincoln Tunnel; the room lighting well-studied & executed; the bathroom was spacious well beyond traditional dimensions, especially by Manhattan standards. Their restaurant's menu was young & successfully experimental & yielded good value-for-quality plates. Breakfast included with our room rate but size is for the birds. The biggest & only downside was the incomplete & ambivalent info provided by the Front Desk for our airport car reservation, leaving me no choice but to fork out US140 for a hired limo since time was getting precariously short for our flight back to Europe. The bagman also forgot to load my daughter's longboard into the hired limo thus causing me to fork an additional US 240 for this thing to finally reach us. Sad ....

Room Tip: corner rooms are the best
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Keith F, Manager at The Out NYC, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your recent comments and suggestions. I am glad that you found the rooms to be spacious and comfortable. I am disappointed, however, to hear that you had a difficult time trying to book transportation from the resort to the airport . Our front desk staff’s goal is to work to provide impeccable service so it is very upsetting to hear when there is an inconsistency in that service. I apologize for your experiences and hope to see you at THE OUT NYC on your next visit to New York and allow us to make it a more memorable one!
Warm regards,
THE OUT NYC
Lancaster, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Enjoyed this hotel very much. Comfortable and well decorated rooms. Modern decor. The Spa is gender neutral w/ nice sauna and steam room. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Just a few blocks west of Times Square.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here on a part business trip, part vacation and really enjoyed it. The first room I was given had an issue with pipes freezing in the extreme post-Sandy cold, but the staff moved me to a bigger room without any damages, plus a free bottle of champagne. The entire staff is very eager to please and the prices are competitive to standard NYC rates. I felt very comfortable staying in a gay hotel, right next to a police station.

The only complaint I have is the rooms are rather loud (street and elevator noise), and a little cold (some corridors are open in an unseasonably cold winter air).

Room Tip: South side (indoor corridors) in the winter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
miami, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed at The Out NYC Hotel mid January and had a great time. It is such a lovely, modern, super clean, centrally located New York city hotel. It is known as a "straight friendly" hotel and it truly was. I was actually treated better here than most other regular hotels. The entire staff was very helpful and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and spacious (for NYC standards) and the bathrooms are very modern with lots of mirrors and nice toiletries. It is located a few blocks away from the nearest subway station right on Times Square. My only qualm was that we were told we had a "quiet room" (room number N218) but it was not quiet at all. We could hear all the loud music from the nightclub that's actually in the hotel. I felt as if I was in the club itself. Our room windows were shaking. I felt bad asking them to switch out the room a second time so we just dealt with it. Other than that I absolutely loved this hotel and would love to visit again.

• Stayed January 2013
New Castle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel has a great vibe, its very hip an modern. The room are comfortable, with somewhat mod furnishing. There is a night club in attached to the lobby that seemed to be very busy, I did not go in, it look like a good time. The staff is very accomidating and eager to help with luggage and valet parking. The fitness center is nice and big and not busy at all, there was no waiting for machines and only 2 other people there in the morning hours. They have two hot tub and roof top attrium courtyard area that you must see.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the atrium, there are very cool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been going to the city for the International Bike Show for the past 6 years. The last four years we have made a mini vacation out of it. All hotels have had their pros and cons except for this one.... there was not one thing wrong with this hotel. A couple things during our stay did actually go wrong, like the shower head was spraying on the ceiling, and the toilet over flowed at one point... but the way the staff handled those problems were remarkable!! Immediate service! We let the front desk know the one morning about of the issues and went to the bike show and then walked around the city.... returning about 8 hours later. As soon as we walked into the hotel the lady at the front desk (short blonde hair, petite, young) immediately assured us that our problem had been fixed. I thanked her and told her that everyone at the Out NYC was so attentive. There was another front desk associate that was also very helpful, I don't remember her name but she was a tall african american woman, young, long black hair - She was also amazing - I didn't get to personally say thank you to her - so if you are reading this, thank you so much! During our last 2 hours there we met Calvin, who held our bags while we walked around the city before heading back home. He encouraged us to come back to the OUT NYC which we will most definitely do!!

If you don't like noise or are a light sleeper, this place might now be for you because of the club, but if you can withstand the noise it is well worth your while. One downside is that the spa is not opening 24/7 and unfortunately my boyfriend and I would not get back until about 12/1am and it was usually closed... but it was beautiful! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Out NYC? Share your experiences!