“Nice food, nice place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Grey Dog

The Grey Dog
244 Mulberry Street, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
(212) 966-1060
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manhattan
“Nice food, nice place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I had read up before our trip and this was on my list of 'safe bets'!!
It was just as I'd read, good food, friendly fast service and good value! Lovely and helpful server who didn't ridicule my ignorance of certain dishes! Not a huge variety of options; keeping it simple, but tasty food all the same. It's a good people watching place and nicely situated around the Chinatown/Little Italy area if you're on your way back uptown. It was quiet when we arrived, I wouldn't like to have been there at a busy time as its not very big inside! There are a few 'Grey Dog' venues in Manhattan so I'm guessing the service is a standard!

Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Good Atmosphere and lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Was recommended to pop in here for breakfast, wondered through Little Italy to get here - wasn't disappointed. For a week day, it was relaxed and cosy. We queued up, ordered food and sat down at table. Grey Dog breakfast was plenty and looked yummy. I had Breakfast Quesidilla - very yummy and delicious, would highly recommend. Lots of choices. Friends said coffee/cappucino was good too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Great but crowded place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Definitely a good place for brunch with friends on weekdays. On weekends, it can get really crowded.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis, MO
“Grey Dog - Breakfast's Best Friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My partner and I headed to the location on University Place (near NYU) for breakfast on a Sunday morning while in the city. I picked this place based on Trip Advisor reviews when looking for a casual breakfast place. Glad I did because we were not disappointed!

Again, we ate at the one near NYU, so I cannot comment on the other two locations. But when we arrived that the one at University Place there was a line out the door and I thought we even arrived kind of early (say 9:30am). So we were a bit taken back that there was a line out the door and the place looked super tiny. But we decided to stick it out and give it a try anyway.

The interior is small and crowded, but funky and fun. The cafe is run by a bunch of young college aged kids, but I will say they really had things down to a science. The line itself did not take long - they really kept it moving. There were not a bunch of tables and a ton of people, so I was worried we would get our food and have nowhere to sit and eat it. But somehow they know how to make it work, they found us a table and made sure we were sitting by the time they brought us our food - which did not take too long. I think they are able to do this by enforcing some table ettiquite (see the picture featuring Smoky the Bear).

My partner got the Grey Dog Breakfast and I got the Breakfast Quesadilla (which was not on their menu but I remembered seeing it on the website). Both were absolutely delicious and for NYC I don't think it was priced bad. Not to mention the great friendly service we got here made the whole experience even better. Make sure to tip these guys because they work hard and make sure you have a good dining experience.

We would absolutely recommend this location to anyone looking to pick up a casual delectable breakfast for a fair price with amazing service - all in a place with lots of character and charm. Give the Grey Dog a try - and I highly doubt you will be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
London
“Love this place....chilled out and cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great food, good atmosphere....sort of boho chic. You have to queue up and order your food but the wait is not too bad and there is a huge choice. Definitely worth a visi

• Visited April 2013