“Fantastic and intimate tour of Chelsea” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #130 of 809 Activities in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: The Two Percent Gallery Tours connects you to the most amazing art in New York City. On an energetic and fun private tour, enjoy 5 unbelievable gallery exhibitions, without the crowds. Along the way, you'll view New York City itself as a piece of art, uncovering secrets of the neighborhood history & innovative architecture. Tours are 90 minutes, available 10am Tues-Sat, for your private group of 3 or less, and $200 per group.
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic and intimate tour of Chelsea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Referred to by a NY friend, I wanted to get a local's taste of the art world in Chelsea.
David showed my teenage daughter and I a varied sampler of the diversity of art currently showing in Chelsea. The pace was perfect, and the continual information about NY, Chelsea, the history and the personality of this part of NY was engaging, informative and very interesting.
In particular I liked that David personalised our tour to adopt art that my 13 year old could appreciate.
I have only good things to say about our outing with David and 2 Percent Gallery Tours.

Visited October 2012
David B, Owner at The Two Percent Gallery Tours, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you! (and great photos!). Hope to see you both again on your next NY visit.

Delray Beach, Florida
“A great tour experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

David gave us a two day tour that was absolutely wonderful. The first day we did the up-and-coming galleries in the lower East side with some very avant garde artists - he was just super and asked our interests ahead of time so we would go to galleries that were pertinent to what we wanted to see. The second day we did Chelsea and it was another great day! David is personable and definitely not an "art snob" but his knowledge is vast. I can't imagine trying to do this without him - we would have wandered around galleries and not seen the most important galleries. I highly recommend David and his tours.

Visited September 2012
Hamilton, New Jersey
“A Blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

David was so into everything that it made this experience great. Not only was it about the art but about the architecture and history of NY. Offering tidbits of interesting facts on the Chelsea neighborhood that I would never have known or even thought to ask. The galleries that we visited were amazing; Pollock sculpture...awesome. Thanks David for making our 2 day adventure for me and my aunt a really cool experience!

Visited September 2012
David B, Owner at The Two Percent Gallery Tours, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks Lee! You guys were awesome.
New York, New York, United States
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Two Percent Gallery Tours offers an exciting and informative opportunity to view private galleries in Chelsea/LES. David is knowledgeable, interesting, witty and engaging. He has a deep understanding of current galleries and their installations, as well as of the neighborhood history and architecture. The intimacy of the tour makes it an experience that will not soon be forgotten. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a unique activity or to learn more about NYC's arts/culture scene.

Visited June 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“We had a great time and now know how gallery visits work.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I was intimidated by going to private galleries in the past. David opened the doors and showed us how it works. Gallery hopping will now be a regular activity when we are in New york. The tour was not only informative, but also great fun. I would recommend this for anyone who enjoys going to museums, but has not previously gone gallery hopping.

Visited January 2012