“Fantastic Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Colorado
“Fantastic Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Really good pizza here. I was staying at the DoubleTree Financial District and was fortunate enough to find this restaurant close by. Nice, modern style restaurant. I liked Adrienne's so much that I visited twice during the week I was there. They have neapolitan and "nona" (square) pizza. On my first visit, I had a neapolitan margherita pizza and added meatballs. I think they may use a gas fired oven, which would not have been my first choice, but I found the crust to be quite nice and the meatballs were excellent. On my second visit, I shared a pepperoni, sausage, onion and mushroom square pizza with co-workers. Again, both the crust and toppings were excellent. Everyone in my group (both times) really enjoyed their meals.

That said, there are a couple of issues that stop me from giving it five stars. First the beer list is limited and very average. Additionally, the service was a bit grumpy during my second visit. However, neither of these issues would stop me from heartily recommending Adrienne's.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Jackson, Mississippi
“Just "Wow!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Great pizza here. I had a simple margherita pizza but it was fantastic. The crust was perfectly done and I could taste the freshness of the ingredients.

FWIW, I stopped here for lunch after coming off of the Staten Island Ferry one Saturday morning and found it surprisingly uncrowded. I'd come back and stand in line to eat here, though. Try it -- you won't be disappointed.

Woodmere, New York
“never dissapoints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

never dissapoints , great local establishment . gets crowded early .................................

Visited November 2013
Winterport, Maine
“Great Pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

After waiting in line for broadway tix we found Adrienes. Wow, great surprise. Wide variety. We had white pizza with roasted peppers, spinach, and pancetta AND a saussage, sundried tomatoes with marinara sauce. Fantastic.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Surrey, Canada
“Best pizza in Manhattan and it's not even close”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

OK, so what does a Canadian and Indian know about pizza in order to boldly claim Adrienne's as the best in Manhattan? Well, our taste buds don't care where the pizza is served but they, as well as our stomachs, know when they've had it.

Having a great slice of NY pizza was near the top of our foodie list. We checked out Trip Advisor ahead of time and made note of a few of the higher ranked places, and systematically ticked them off as we were sight seeing. At least, that was the plan, but when we came across this place we kept coming back. :)

Our first visit here we had the old fashioned pizza. It comes as a big rectangle, with sauce and cheese as the only topping. It looked a little wet and started to wonder, but after my first bite I was convinced. I am more accustomed to pizza that comes loaded with toppings, so this was my first 'plain' pizza and I've never had anything so bursting with rich flavour!

And the same enthusiasm and joy we experienced with our first slice, was the same with our last. Normally my first slice is the best, then as you get full the last few are more utilitarian and done just to fill you up. But this pizza required it be enjoyed and savoured to the very end. It was seriously delicious.

We had two more pizza's here (separate visits) and tried to sneak in a third but in a 7 day trip we only had so many meals and didn't want to use them all at one place...although we were regretting that decision later.

You must try this place. :)

• Visited November 2013