“Great Food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mayahuel

Mayahuel
304 E 6th St, New York City, NY 10003-8701 (East Village)
212-253-5888
Neighborhood: East Village
Oxford, Michigan
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I am not a fan of Mexican food, but the food at Mayahuel made me a believer! If I lived in NYC, I would frequent this establishment often. I loved the intimate atmosphere as well. If you're into tequila, this is the place for you! They have numerous selections as well as specialty drinks. As for me, I stuck with the Rioja red house wine, which was very good. The salsa and chips are to die for and the steak dish is fabulous. You can't go wrong at Mayahuel!

Visited March 2014

“tequila tequila”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I love tequilas & mescal, and it was a delight to sit at the bar and be talked through so many varieties - many of which I had not tried. Complemented by tapas style short eats, it's a must try when in NYC.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Great tequila bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

A small place which might look closed as you walk by, but definately check it out. Tequila drink options are extensive and staff is friendly. Food was good and portions were just right to compliment the tequila. Very cool building and atmosphere as well.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eugene, Oregon
“Great Atmosphere, Drinks, & Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Actually, we were there in Oct. 2010. I took my sister here for a special birthday dinner & drinks while visiting other family in the city. I have delicious memories full of deep rich velvety art waves around us. Very friendly staff. If you're in the neighborhood, definitely check it out. I'll go again next time I get to go play in NYC.

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Go for the tequila”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This place is one of my favorite places in the city... I should have had a frequent visitor badge when I lived in the neighborhood. Its unassuming outsides (it essentially looks like a shack) are in big contrast to the beautiful decor inside. The drinks are amazing - with a huge range of tequila and very thoughtful and delicious cocktails. I have spent many nights here with friends and family visiting. The food is good for a snack (try the popcorn or the chilaquiles), but the tequila is definitely the star of the show.

Visited November 2012