“Cozy Chinese Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
New York City, New York, USA
“Cozy Chinese Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

What a great little spot in midtown for a quick lunch. I love their lunch specials which range from $9 to $13. Food is very flavorful - not bland like other Americanized Chinese restaurants.

Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
“Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It's been my pleasure to dine at Cafe China multiple times since they've been open and each time is as good as ever. I've taken my Asian colleagues here and they vouch for the authenticity. Yes, it's spicy, that goes without saying. It's worth a little heat. Sometimes I even stop by when I'm in the area shopping and take out. I only wish their delivery area was larger.

New York City, New York, USA
“not your ordinary chinese place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

fantastic food, great service, and good cocktails. I keep on going back because the food necer dissappoints. Like it a little spicy, here's your place.

Visited October 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Great If Expensive Sichuanese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

When I first entered Cafe China, I was a bit apprehensive, mainly due to the relatively high prices and more upscale decor, which I though would equate to an overpriced Asian fusion menu. However I was pleasantly surprised by the authentic fare that had great sichuanese flavours while still being light and fresh. The fish is a must have!

London
“Hot stuff...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Full of Chinese students from NYU this place is the real deal, busy, noisy, fun with great food.
I am told that it's authentic, but having never lived in China I can't attest to it's authenticity, but am more than happy to recommend it for it's quality...really really good....