“Anniversary Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W New York - Times Square

You added W New York - Times Square to your Saves list
W New York - Times Square
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1567 Broadway at 47th St, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #241 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Palm Desert, California
“Anniversary Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Just stayed here with my wife for our anniversary. We've stayed at several W properties. There are always differences between them. First time here at this location however and was SUPER impressed with the service...the staff and concierge went above and Beyond the call of duty. Kristen , Sussane, and Leo made our trip SO memorable and enjoyable..
The hotel is in a great location close to everything.

The bar / lounge area inside feels like its missing something tho. But pther than that we loved it!

Bar area was nic

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello Philip! Thank you for your honest and balanced feedback and our team is truly delighted you and your wife had a great visit overall with us - especiall given the special occasion! We are always happy to be a part of special celebrations and we have gladly thanked Leo and Kristin and of course our Concierge team for their great interactions with you. We truly appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us as we are always looking to improve your experience for future and we look forward to welcoming you back and creating many more special memories. Anything you need, do not hesitate to reach out as we are here for you 24/7!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newark, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have stayed in many W hotels in major cities and by far this was the worst. We were "upgraded" to a corner room. Exciting since this is NYC Time Square! However our corner view was just below the scaffolding and bright lights from the large electronic billboard. The lights at night lit up the room. The room was dirty and there was no place to sit other than on the bed.
W hotels are generally pretty nice, however this one was not worth the $500+ per night If you do stay - I would avoid room 3812!
The contenintal breakfast of 2 orange juices, 3 pastries and a pot of hot water for tea was $79.

Totally disappointing for an anniversary get away!

Room Tip: Stay away from 3812 less you want to hear giant billboards rattle in the wind and blind you with meg...
Green Features: Not sure they have any. You could say the cut back on light since there is not too much in the room. The bathroom had better lighting then in the sleeping area
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your honest and balanced feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your candor as we are always looking to improve your experience for future and we have since gladly followed up on your comments with our team to ensure your points are immediately addressed. We have also since gladly reached out to you in order to personally touch base as your comfort is of course our number one priority. Thank you once again for taking the time to reach out to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in future for a true W Experience.
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

W is located right in Times Square. It is clean and in a great location. The rooms were a tad on the small side and there was not a lot of drawer/closet space, so if you stay here, pack light. The bed was comfortable. Bathroom very modern, however, there is no separate toilet area away from the sink and faucet like at other hotels I've stayed in.

The hotel had a dark feel to it, and when you arrive upstairs at the reception area via elevator the lobby has a night club atmosphere. There is a DJ playing music at happy hour. There are couches, a bar and it is a very live crowd in the evenings on weekends. Kinda cool.

My experience with the front desk was that everyone was helpful and friendly, and I did not have any problem with the hotel staff or my bill. This is my second stay at the hotel.

I like staying here because I can step right outside and I'm in Times Square. You can walk easily to just about anywhere you want to go and there are Broadway shows playing on the same street as the hotel.

There is a small restaurant and bar downstairs, however, not a lot of space, and there are so many options to walk to or Uber you don't have to be limited to the hotel.

W Times Square is a great option if you want a clean, affordable stay right in Times Square and the boutique feel to the place is kinda cool. I recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Roland! Thank you for your wonderful review and it was our pleasure to welcome you back with us to the heart of Times Square! We are delighted you had a great stay overall and our team is always here to assist with anything you may need. Our concierge team located on the 7th floor will gladly assist with any reservations and specialty requests as we are always here for you for whatever you need, whenever you need it. Thank you once againd and our team looks forward to welcoming you back to your home-away-from-home in the Big Apple!
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed in W time square so many times, each time has its great memories.
It is more than a home for me.
I would never stay in any hotel while I'm visiting NYC.
I would like to thank all the staff, specially Mr. LEO ROSSINI.
He made my stay unforgettable and unique.
W hotels are so lucky to have one like Leo working with them.

Thank you every one.
Thanks Leo.
Hatim Mahdli

• Stayed April 2014
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hello Hatim! Our entire team thanks you for your inspiring words and we all truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always a pleasure to have you with us at your home-away-from-home in the Big Apple and we all look forward to seeing you back with us soon! Anything you need, do not hesitate to ask and we will do Whatever Whenever to ensure you have a special memorable stay each and every time.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here during a work trip and have to say it is not an establishment I would pay to stay in myself as I prefer smaller, boutique-like hotels but it is generally a 'good' hotel. However I do not think it is particularly good value for money as I've stayed in superior hotels for at least half the price.

When I arrived at the reception I felt as if I was entering a nightclub: the darkness shrouding the desk, staff who looked/behaved as if they were out of work actors or models and spoke in a very fast, low voice (maybe a New York thing?!) and the busy, noisy bar a few feet away. My room was ok albeit a bit on the small side and the bed was very comfortable indeed. One major disappointment was the hotel restaurant which had a very limited menu and served average food. Granted the hotel is in a very central location so you can obviously eat outside but my colleague and I arrived late in the evening after a long plane journey and are not familiar with NY so we were hoping for a decent meal onsite - it wasn't too be.

I'd recommend this hotel if you like a buzzy vibe and the bar is a nice place to meet up with friends etc. However as stated before it is not somewhere i would personally stay through choice and I also hate Times Square so that did not help! A final note: When I checked out I asked for a copy of my bill as the hotel had automatically billed my card. The receptionist rudely said "No , it's already been e-mailed to you" I queried this because as far as I could remember I had not given my e-mail address to the hotel (the booking was made via my company's in-house travel dept) but the receptionist refused point blank to give me a copy of the bill. I subsequently discovered the hotel overcharged me massively by claiming my company's travel department booked a more expensive room which included breakfast for 2 people each day. This was completely false and it took days of back and forth before the reservations team at the W admitted there had been an error. Even after this they only refunded the cost of the 2 x breakfasts but still charged for the room which was not actually booked.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your honest and balanced feedback and we truly appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us. Being the W brand, we do indeed embody the fun and flirty vibe – this being said, we of course gladly reviewed your feedback as we appreciate your candor and are always looking to improve your experience for future. In addition, we have since immediately addressed your comments with our entire team to ensure your points are reviewed being your comfort is our number one priority. We thank you once again for taking the time to reach out to us and please do not hesitate to advise our team of anything you may need as we are always happy to assist. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in future for a true W Experience.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Arrived 3PM on Easter Sunday. Had to wait 2 hours for our room (along with a number of others we met in the lobby). Understandably there could be a wait on a Sunday PLUS it being Easter Sunday, but it was a bit too long. Desk staff (Briana) made it better though with comp WiFi for our stay and drinks at the lobby bar.

The hotel itself is all "W". Cool, dark, lots of little personal attentions, and Whatever/whenever service (which is ALWAYS up to it's name). Our only real disappointment was the overall "fatigue" of the suite. The "peaceful chair" was tattered, to say the least. The bathroom fixtures were all loose and wobbly and the area around the sinks and all the storage drawers were sagging and out of alignment. The carpet and couches should really be replaced as they've seen better days and...NEVER lift the mattress cover. The sight underneath was a horror show. (but I wouldn't think this is any different from any other T.S. hotel).

Impeccable service as with all W hotels, but this one needs an overhaul.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a recently renovated suite if available?
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Queretaro, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great location in broadway and times square. Hotel is really nice, modern.
Asked for a upgrade to get a higher floor, it was great and heard no noise at night. The bar at the hotel is fantastic.
Beds are super comfy.
One day we arrived at 11pm and room was not clean, talked to the manager and inmediately sent someone. We had a free breakfast for this mistake, manager Jorge Tito made our stay incredible.
The next day we received a complimentary wine bottle and a personal message from the manager. I know that mistakes can happen, what I expect is that they are taken care of, which was made by Jorge.
They always make you feel special, employees are really helpful.
The only thing I didnt like is that when we got there in our taxi the doorman didnt even try to help us with our luggage, but everything else was amazing.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at a higher floor to avoid the noisy times square.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your honest and balanced feedback. We are truly glad we were able to ensure you had an enjoyable visit overall and that our team was able to immediately address your concerns and personally follow up to ensure you were taken care of. Your comfort is of course our number one priority and we truly look forward to welcoming you back with us in future. Anything you need, our team is here 24/7 - just ask!