“This is a great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W New York - Times Square

You added W New York - Times Square to your Saves list
W New York - Times Square
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1567 Broadway at 47th St, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #255 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“This is a great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It is hard to find great places in NYC to stay at. The W in Time Square is a great hotel. I recently spent 4 nights there for business. The staff is friendly, rooms are clean, and atmosphere is great. As a Platinum Member I got the extra care and attention.

Room Tip: I recommend upper floor corner rooms. They have better view and are quieter (if there is such a thin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave positive feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here at W New York- Times Square. Please be in touch with me so I can welcome you back on your next trip. kristin.collura@whotels.com

All the best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Unbeatable location. And great view from the room (if you have the right room). The bar on the ground floor is great (viewing Times Square with a glass in hand).

Nice rooms with limited anemnities.

The reception area/bar is a bit dark but it is how the designer want to have it. Looks quite interesting.

Very efficient check-in/out. Excellent service.

Good fitness.

Expensive.

Room Tip: Corner room facing Hudson
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hello and thank you for your honest and balanced feedback! We are delighted you had a great experience with us in the Center of the Big Apple and we have gladly shared your feedback with our team. We truly look forward to having you back with us in future for another wonderful experience!
Spotsylvania, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I loved the location. Everything was great in the room, people were very nice but honestly not sure if I would stay again. Came in after the theater and the bar was packed on the lobby level and the noise level was deafening with a young presumably hip crowd. I do prefer a bit more staid and quiet place to stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hello there. I'm so sorry to hear that you felt the W vibe was a little too much for your taste. It's not for everyone but the people who love it come here for it. I hope that you will consider one of our sister hotels the next time you're in town. Thanks for your feedback.

Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Our trip was extra special due to the fact that we went for my niece's wedding but since my grandson's birthday (that was with us) is on Oct. 7th we decided to celebrate it as well, so when we mentioned it at check in time the W associate surprised him with a beautiful card and 3 delicious cookies on Saturday afternoon.

Our stay at the W Hotel was everything we anticipated and more. We are familiar with the W here in Miami Beach-- it is awesome and we are very proud of it. That is the reason why we chose to stay at yours on Times Square. The room, the view, the hospitality, all was done with excellence and professionalism. We will definitely return next year. This property is right where the action is, in the heart if NYC.

Room Tip: Double bed rooms are very comfy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you so for the wonderful review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our talent are amazing and it doesn't surprise us at all that they went above and beyond to celebrate your grandson's birthday with a cookie surprise! Our location definitely cannot be beat and we look forward to your return next year. Please make sure to reach out to us before so that we can welcome you back in style!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hello,
I recently stayed at the W in Times Square NYC; the purpose of my visit was to celebrate my 26th year anniversary with my wife. I had stayed there once before (1 1/2 yr earlier) and much to my surprise the doorman remembered both my previous visit but also the purpose of my previous visit. Within moments of arriving I felt like royalty. The service, the ambiance and overall experience was incredible. I don't travel frequently and I have been told that I get stressed when I lose sight of my familiar sights. This experience not only left me wanting to stay......but eager to return. Overall great experience with no room for improvement......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Wow! It sounds like you had an incredible trip. Some of our Welcome Ambassadors have been here since the hotel opened and they pride themselves on creating personalized experiences for our guest. In a giant city it's good to know you have a friendly face awaiting your arrival. Please reach out to us on your next trip and we'll make sure you have an extrordinary experience. kristin.collura@whotels.com

bombay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel's location is its biggest sell - and they know it. I thought of it as the most professional boutique hotel I've ever seen. The staff and the way the hotel runs is very business like yet there is funk in everything they do around the hotel. The rooms are small but very comfortable. Its bloody expensive though. One of its biggest attractions is the bar on its lobby floor which stays open till late and caters to quite an elite crowd.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your honest review. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Times Square and the atmosphere. Please be in touch when you stay with us again. kristin.collura@whotels.com I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very professional staff, from bell man, security, front desk, concierge, room service and Library. However, we found housekeeping to be lacking. There was a bag of garbage in the closet left from a previous guest that somehow went unnoticed. Also, there were glasses in the hallway that remained for an entire day. Our suite did not have robes, which I would assume is standard issue for an upscale hotel so I don't know if this was another housekeeping miscue or hotel decision. Otherwise, cool hotel in great location relative to Midtown and Times Square, but can be noisy. Must be above 30th floor.

Room Tip: Upper floor 30 or higher
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WGuestServicesTeam, Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of W New York- Times Square. I apologize for the lack of attention from our style department. I will pass along the information so that this can be addressed. We do normally keep 2 robes in the rooms. If you ever experience this type of situation, please call whatever/whenever and we will take care of whatever you need as soon as possible. Please be in touch with me next time you're here to stay with us so that I can personally make sure you have an extrodinary experience. kristin.collura@whotels.com