“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W New York - Times Square

You added W New York - Times Square to your Saves list
W New York - Times Square
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1567 Broadway at 47th St, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #173 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I will stay at a "W" every now and then and this hotel delivered on my expectations.

Pros- great location right in middle of times square. Helpful staff. Room was bigger than I expected for a "W"

Cons- Lobby on 7th floor and key cards to always use elevators. Typical for NYC though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The W in Times Square was a great location and fun hotel, but if you are looking for some quiet time, you will only find it in your room! The lobby is busy and turns into a scene at night - not a bad thing, but very loud and busy - it was enjoyable for us as we danced and partied into the night.....one thing to be careful of - the drinks at the bar - NYC is expesive, yes, but the W takes it to a whole new level!!! Might have to dip into your savings....

Room Tip: There are better places for the price.....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the fabulous W Times Square this past weekend with our 11, 14 and 20 year old. This is THE place to be location wise! We had booked several plays in the Theater District and the W was in walking distance to all three different theaters, it was truly perfect! You cannot find a better spot in Times Square then at the W - The Blue Fin restaurant in the hotel has awesome food and there is a bar right on the Square which is great for people watching and your kids can come and go while you keep an eye on them the entire time!

The hotel itself is gorgeous - the lobby area/bar called the Livingroom is sedate and relaxing by day and watch out!! by night on Friday and Saturday we came back to a transformation!!! The place was a great, happening night club with fun music and a variety of people mingling and dancing - my 20 year old was thrilled, so were we actually! We settled the younger ones in the room and went back downstairs and had a blast till 1AM, both nights!

The rooms are beautiful, CLEAN and the beds are a dream to sleep in. I read some complaints about them being small but we didn't have a problem with this. The Bliss bath products are wonderful and the housekeeping staff kept our room sparkling clean. The in- room breakfast was delicious and the coffee amazing!!

The entire staff was more than accommodating and sometimes seemed almost trained to know you have a question or need before you even say anything. I stepped off the elevator at floor 7 lobby looking for the business center and I had the slightest hesitation and a gentleman by the name of Thomas was next to me in a flash asking if I was in need of anything. The hotel has an Accura they use to drive you to a quick location if it is available – the guys who drive you are so professional, pleasant and accommodating it is a nice change from the mean cab drivers!

We HIGHLY recommend this hotel and if you choose not to bring your kids, no worries because you won't be bothered by other’s children, OURS didn't even bother us they were so busy!! There is so much to do and see within walking distance or short cab ride from this location you will not be let down and you WILL sleep like a baby - NYC will wear you out!! Happy Travels!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am an avid fan of the "W" hotel chain. Hoboken and South Beach are absolutely amazing, so when I booked my room in Times Square I expected nothing less....well I was I wrong. I am not going to trash this hotel, it is still very nice and in a great location in NYC, but it's the little things for me that make the W extra special and worth the price. We stayed in a fantastic suite, not as big as I expected (granted it is NYC and everything is smaller) but ok. Well, the vents in the bathroom were dirty and dusty, molding was coming off edges of the room, the leather desk chair was worn down and cracked, floor was uneven going into the bathroom (I know cause I tripped). Second concern was the lounge area, ordered drinks and came to find a huge bug at the bottom of my drink after I was done with it. When I notified the server she seemed un-phased and said she would get me another instead of even offering to compensate me for that one, until I asked for it. I mean I could go on, maybe it was just a bad experience for me, but needless to say I was disappointed in a bunch of things. I love the "W" hotel chain, and I will definitely be staying at another one again....just not in Time Square.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Took one of my BFF's here to stay in NYC for her bachelorette weekend. The suite was amazing on the twenty something floor. The views were smack dab in times square and we had a blast. Beds and couches were completely comfortable and i'd come back here in a heart beat

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel lobby, entrance, and overall ambiance is really nice - as you would expect from a W hotel. Service was great too. We were upgraded to a suite on one of the higher floors, which was awesome. The suite was spacious and most importantly, high enough where the street level noise wasn't TOO bad. But definitely try to get a higher floor if you can because even way up there, you can hear the noise below - I can't imagine how loud it would be if you were on a lower floor.

The room itself was pretty nice - no complaints. I wouldn't say it's the nicest W I've stayed at, but it's definitely a good choice. Location can't be beat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I just returned from a quick weekend trip to the W Times Square with my husband and friends to NYC for my birthday and have to say, it may have been one of the best trips we have ever made to the city!

Previously, we had visited New York and had stayed at another hotel, but were looking for a change for this trip. After searching the internet and reading review after review for a couple of days, we finally booked at the W Times Square and are so glad! The hotel staff went above and beyond to make this trip memorable for us and the hotel itself was great!

Leading up to the trip, I had a couple of questions about the location, restaurants, etc. and emailed Patrick. He was so helpful, pleasant, and was always to quick to response to anything I asked him. (Thank you, thank you, thank you!!)

We got to the hotel late on Friday night and were greeted at the check-in desk by Alex. As the first person we had contact with at the hotel, he immediately set the tone for a great weekend to come! After we checked in to our "Cool Corner Room" we quickly realized the room had been named perfectly! The view from the 47th floor was AMAZING and when we return to this hotel, which we will, I will definitely be booking this type of room again.

Sunday morning, we had a couple of questions for the concierge and that's when we met Amber. She was so patient and helpful! She took the time to answer all of our questions (more than once) and also helped us to make a last minute reservation for a Sunday brunch at Tribeca Grill. Knowing that we may get lost or have another question, Amber provided us with a number to call her in case we needed her later in the day (which we did). ;)

As if the staff wasn't enough, the hotel itself was awesome! The location is in the heart of Times Square, the decor was updated, and our room was extremely clean the entire time.

Another perk for us was the use of the complimentary Acura Experience. With a Sunday evening reservation to Serendipity for dinner, we were able to schedule a personal ride to the restaurant with the best driver ever... much better than a cab ride or driver!

Writing this review, makes me ready to return to the city... and when I do, I will definitely be returning to the W Times Square!

Room Tip: Cool Corner Room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to W New York - Times Square? Share your experiences!