“CONSTRUCTION next door until June 2017” 3 of 5 stars
Review of the Quin

You added the Quin to your Saves list
the Quin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West 57th Street, at 6th Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save at least 15%
Ranked #28 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Raleigh, North Carolina
“CONSTRUCTION next door until June 2017”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Be prepared for construction noise that starts early - right now the jack hammer stage - so even if you are on the opposite end of the hotel, you will hear it. And if you or anyone in your party has a pet allergy, know that they allow pets in ALL rooms. They claim to deep clean after pets - as most hotels do - but we had a bad reaction. Very frustrating especially since we told them about it ahead of time and were assured that the room had been well cleaned. I would agree with other reviewers that this was not a typical 5 star experience - nice enough and new - but not 5 star service or amenities. No evening turndown. The best part of our stay was the nespresso machine, complimentary water, and chocolates for our special occasion celebration.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We called in advance to make sure the property was 'family friendly' and while many say they are, few really mean it. My youngest was turning three and I asked Linda at Concierge to assist with decorations. She found balloons, a Minnie Mouse cake and cookies and milk to be in our room upon our arrival. Our little one was absolutely delighted. We were upgraded to a suite and dinner at the restaurant was casual and accommodating for the children. An unexpected gift arrived after dinner to our room with a card to The birthday girl with signatures from staff on duty. A very special touch. We will stay here again for certain and I would recommend this hotel to anyone for any occasion.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just left the Quin hotel after a long weekend in NYC. Trust me, I don't know why this hotel is listed above 3 stars. My biggest complaint, hotel rooms don't have an individual thermostat. We were a bit cold the first night and the maintenance staff brought us a space heater! Seriously, I've NEVER had to use a space heater in a hotel room, it was pathetic. My second complaint, our hotel room was facing an ugly wall so we were completely without natural light all weekend. Ive stayed in other hotels in NYC where the view wasn't great but I've always been able to see sunlight. Very Depressing. And my third complaint, the entire hotel smells like cheap cologne. The smell is SO overpowering that it makes me think they're hiding something. If you're looking for a 5-star or 4-star hotel, look elsewhere.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I are sad to leave after an amazing anniversary weekend at the beautiful Quin hotel in NYC. The people, artwork, decoration, food and overall experience at the quin is exceptional. Roger the hotel manager graciously upgraded us for our special anniversary getaway and the attaché were beyond any concierge we have ever seen -- they arranged dinners, shows, galleries and everything to make it a perfect NYC experience. Can't wait to come back next anniversary!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

First Class Staff and the Service Excellence they Provide. We highly recommend your over stay is at this location on this property. Great location from Central Park and all of the 5th Ave and NYC shopping features.

Room Tip: All request will be granted from the excellent service at the front desk and concierge staff.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Three issues. I paid too much, when i was checking out, the kind of seen that others were paying less. Seems that they discounted the price after i made the reservation. Secondly, a very noisy AC unit which i have seen others complain about (perhaps it is an intelligent technique by the hotel administration to cut on power expenses). Thirdly, on the 5th floor you could hear the early morning traffic very clearly. Other than that, the hotel rooms are decent and clear and location is great
Ammar form Amman Jordan

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here for three nights on business. Service was very friendly, very good. Room was clean, everything was satisfactory. The hotel as a whole feels new and hip. It's also quite close to Central Park, which is convenient for joggers.

One point worth noting. I accidentally left a rather expensive tie back at the hotel after I checked out. I called to see if they had found it. They made sure their housekeeping team looked for it, found it, and notified me to arrange for me to get it back. Really excellent extra effort of the sort that separates the top notch hotels from the rest.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to the Quin? Share your experiences!