“A gem near Central Park!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of the Quin

You added the Quin to your Saves list
the Quin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West 57th Street, at 6th Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
TripAdvisor Special
Ranked #26 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Wilmington, Delaware
“A gem near Central Park!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

A very nice boutique with a an excellent location (57th and 6th) in midtown near the theaters, subway and many wonderful eateries. The staff is courteous, polite, efficient and attentive. Enjoyed the stay there very much!

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, yesterday
Sunil A, we're so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for your excellent review. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I decided on staying at the Quin after reading the reviews on Travelocity and I am very pleased I did.
I reserved a Jr. Suite for a one week stay and the room was well appointed, clean, modern, and comfortable. The maid service was outstanding. I had instructed housekeeping not to clean my room prior to noon each day as I had many business lunches and late dinner meetings scheduled.
Each morning I would call housekeeping informing them I was going to work out and to have my room cleaned while away. They always complied. The gym was compact but as I am an Equinox member and very particular, I found it equipped with enough to perform 75% of my usual workout.
The bathroom was well designed although I must caution that the shower and toilet doors do not swing and may slam shut if you're not careful as they are weighted. The bedding was great along with the turn down service. Staff were friendly and accommodating.
The one negative is that I found the internet to be a bit slow.
The adjacent restaurant/bar served excellent food and beverages.
I will definitely stay here in the future as well as recommend this hotel to my associates which I've already begun to do.

Room Tip: Having lived in Manhattan before I was used to the city noise. If you're not I suggest you ask f...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Ben B, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for your outstanding review and recommendations. We are thrilled you were pleased with your experience and look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to New York.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Good Style,good Place in uptown,
Not far from Broadway, Rockefeller Center
Shopping areas and Central Park,.
Good Atmosphere, friendly people.
Small and cosy. Kingzize bed exzellent.
Comfortable bathroom

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 3 days ago
GrazerUhrturm, thank you for your excellent review! We hope to welcome you back soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was my first trip to NY and I spent a lot of time researching and reviewing hotel options. After speaking with Chrissy at The Quin many times, she helped me select the perfect room types. (Premier Suite and Corner King). She was spot on in her recommendation. The front desk staff was attentive and I felt welcomed each time I passed through the lobby. The Wayfarer Restaurant offers a great breakfast menu (french toast, pancakes and waffles were yummy!) And, it was hopping at night! Late afternoon/early evening they place hot chocolate with marshmellows and apple cider and cinnamon sticks out in the lobby for guests. Such a treat! We will definitely be staying at The Quin on our next trip to NYC. (Note: Room selection will be tougher because Roger took the time to show us several other Suite options, including the Penthouse!)

Room Tip: Corner rooms are excellent choices! I was given the tip to ask for a room that does not have a "...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Ann W, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for your wonderful review! I am so proud to share your thoughts with Chrissy, Roger, and the entire team. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to NYC!
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

For an NYC visit this location can't be beat as 57th Street just west of 5th Avenue is close to all the cool tourist stuff. Our room was a "premium" room and I'm not sure what the difference is between their various levels, however upon checkin we were given the choice of the 3rd floor with a street view, or 11th floor with no view. In the interest of quiet we took the higher floor. Even so, you could hear the street noise, and particularly sirens. That said, the room was stunningly modern with an iPad like device for controlling window shades, HVAC, and providing various kinds of white noise if desired. The staff has clearly been well trained and the WiFi was rock solid. Recommended for location, modernity, and staff.

Room Tip: Consider the balance between a view and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Larry D, thank you for your stunning review and recommendation! I am so proud to share your kind thoughts with the team. We all hope to welcome you back soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

The Service at the Quin is excellent. The staff is always very attentive and happy to provide you with all of the comforts to make your stay as pleasant as possible. It has the most fabulous Dux beds, in fact it's hard to get out of bed in the morning! The shower is great and the blackout shades are a really nice luxury! We love the Quin and this was our second stay there. We will definitely return!

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 5 days ago
KSF123, thank you so much for returning to the Quin and for your excellent review! We can't wait to welcome you back in the near future. Happy Holidays!
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This was our first trip to New York and was a surprise birthday treat for my wife's 60th birthday so a top quality hotel was a must, we were not disappointed. Upon our arrival we were warmly welcomed by a lovely receptionist and were looked after extremely well by all of the friendly staff throughout our 5 night stay. A birthday cake which was in our room upon our arrival, was a lovely gesture and was delicious too !. Our room was extremely well appointed with good quality furniture and an extremely comfortable king sized bed. The room faced West 57th Street and was a little noisy at times during the night, however living on a busy main road at home this did not worry us at all. The hotel was conveniently situated close to Central Park and was in comfortable walking distance to the main shopping areas in 5th and 6th Avenue and Times Square where, much to my wife's delight, we spent a lot if time ! Whilst not an inexpensive hotel to stay at, I would thoroughly recommend it when we return to New York at some point in the future I would have no hesitation in staying at the Quin again. Thanks to all for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you prefer a quieter room ask for one that does not face one of the two main roads.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Nigel B, thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation! We are thrilled to have made your first trip to New York and your wife's birthday a special occasion to remember. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return!

Been to the Quin? Share your experiences!