“Perfect as always!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of the Quin

You added the Quin to your Saves list
the Quin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West 57th Street, at 6th Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
TripAdvisor Special
Ranked #26 of 458 Hotels in New York City
White Plains, New York
“Perfect as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at The Quin this year and I am just as impressed as I was the first time! Great location, wonderful attentive staff, and the rooms are beautiful! I can't wait until I am in town to stay again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

... And I love it so much I already felt compelled to write a review. The lady at the front desk was phenomenal. Just the right touch of information and I ended up ordering from in room dining as she suggested which was super fast, reasonably priced, and so darn good (comes from next door Wayfarer restaurant). The room is cozy but so well done... bathrooms immaculate. The attention to detail is impressive.

Strangely, they have an "infomercial" playing on the TV when you first walk into the room and it features artist who do work for the Quin and the music is so beautiful that I'm still listening to it. It may have even been the final straw in deciding to write a review.

I was so close to just doing Starwood to get points, or even the Ritz, and I'm so happy I saw the Quin on line.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, yesterday
Seabird37, thank you for your review! It's an absolute thrill to read that you were so inspired by your first few moments with us that you felt compelled to share your thoughts right away. Thank you for your phenomenal feedback. If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please let us know!
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed a couple of nights recently while in New York for a combined business and shopping trip. Tried the Quin due to its excellent location primarily - was not disappointed in any capacity. Service level is extremely high, 5 star level and consistent with that offered at other high level hotels in NYC. I was in a suite style room, which was nicely but not perfectly furnished, and the sleeping area was comfortable and spacious.

This is a 4 star hotel with 5 star service, lacking the 5 star qualities such as a grand lobby or nicer furnishings in the suite areas, but definitely excelling with every employee. The location is perfect really for doing a variety of NYC activities - central park 1.5 blocks, 2 blocks to the center of 5th avenue shopping, and a short walk to Times Square activities.

I would highly recommend the hotel as a nice boutique hotel with impeccable customer service, which I think makes this place really work.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, yesterday
blakesfav, thank you for your excellent review and recommendation. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your recent business and shopping trip to New York, and I am so proud to share your impeccable feedback with the team. We hope to welcome you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel has the best staff you will find in New York.

I decided that I was going to take my girlfriend to New York as a surprise in September and propose to her on her birthday. I wanted to make it a trip to remember - so this meant club class (business) flight there and back, limousine transfers both ends and a hotel that could help me arrange everything - e.g. birthday presents so I didn't have to bring them from the UK and things to make the trip memorable. The issue was I had never been to New York and had no idea where to start.

I Googled hotels in New York and found the Quin on trip advisor and noticed that the General Manager (Holly Breuche) was responding personally to every review - and as I needed a personal touch I contact her directly.

I could not have imagined that I would have got the help I did. She put me in touch with her concierge team who went to massive lengths to help me make this the trip of a lifetime. We were given one of the best rooms in the hotel, they helped me arrange a picnic in Central Park for the big moment. They arranged a private shopping experience in Bergdorf Goodman (like Harrods in London) with a pair of every style of Christian Louboutin shoes in stock in my girlfriends size so she could pick one as her birthday present - private room with Champagne and Chocolates. They arranged the limousine pick us up and take us back to JFK. They arranged dinner in the evening at the hotel whilst we celebrated our engagement - and whilst we were having dinner they ran a hot bubble bath with scented oils, bubbles and a trail of rose petals from the room door to the bedroom with a heart shaped flower on the bed as well as in the bath itself.

We were greeted with wine and birthday cake in the room on arrival and given a whole list of suggestions to try whilst we were there on our 5 night stay.

In short - this hotel and their staff made me the most popular man in the UK and gave my finacee a birthday she will quite frankly never forget. I am still known as the most romantic man in my company and still feel like I am on top of the world.

The staff were and remain the most helpful, friendly and personable hotel team I have ever dealt with. I travel a great deal and spend most of my life in and out of hotels - no one has ever come close to matching the levels of service we were given on this trip.

If you are going to New York, and want a hotel where you are treated with the highest levels of service - this is the hotel for you. It is fabulous, with great rooms and food and it is literally a stones throw from Central Park and the stores on 5th Avenue.

If I go to New York again - this will be the first place I look at for a reservation. Well done team!

Room Tip: Contact the concierge team - they could not be more helpful.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Mark B, thank you for reaching out to me and for your superlative review! We are so happy to have been able to help coordinate an unforgettable birthday celebration for your fiancée. Your thoughtful and warm gestures have inspired our team, and we are very grateful to have earned your loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A beautiful new hotel in midtown only two blocks from Central Park and right next to the 57th St. subway station to easily go downtown, Soho or the theater district. Location was perfect for our needs. Rooms are small (as they are in any good NY hotel), but very nice. As has been mentioned in other reviews, there is a serious noise issue now on one side of the hotel during the daytime because of building construction. I called repeatedly in advance of our reservation to be sure that it was noted that we did not want to be in a room with this noise element for our 3 nights and four days there. I was assured they would give us a quiet room. When we arrived we were again told that they had a lovely quiet room set aside for us. But this was not the case. After an hour of waiting, we were brought to another room. This room was quieter, but was not the Jr. Suite we had booked and were paying for. It was a smaller room. We contacted the front desk again and eventually were moved to a quieter room (and it was an upgraded larger Suite rather than a Jr. Suite). The manager, Roger ultimately solved the problem, but we weren't happy for the hour and half of wasted time unpacking and packing. Roger couldn't have been more accommodating once he realized how upset we were and that there had clearly been a communication error on their end. He had been in a meeting while the initial room switching was taking place.
There was one disappointing aspect about the hotel. When you enter the front door from the street, there is a strong odor in the hotel lobby. It smells like something you'd smell at a gas station if they were trying to mask a chemical smell with a cheesy air freshener. I have no idea what it was, but it made me not want to be anywhere near the lobby area. Because there were holiday decorations installed in the lobby I thought that maybe the odor had something to do with these, but I just noticed in another recent review that they too referenced this awful smell, so I'm not sure what it might be from. I mentioned it to a couple of the doormen, but they didn't know what it was or even seem to be cognizant of it. So, I made the best of it by going quickly into the elevator and avoiding the lobby. In the end we very much enjoyed our room and the staff and I would actually recommend the hotel even given my earlier comments. FYI - We took advantage of a Trip Advisor 20% discount that appears to be available at least through March 31, 2015.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room not facing the noisy building construction happening on one side of the building...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The staff were so polite and friendly, the rooms were so modern and clean and it felt very cosy and safe! If you're looking for a central location, look no further, absolutely incredible location, of course you will hear noise at night, but it's the city that never sleeps so what do you expect! So impressed with this lovely hotel! My fiancé has a birthday coming up and we came back to the room to find a cake and a lovely card! I really felt at home in this hotel! Thank you for having us!

• Stayed December 2014
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Jessyfildes, thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was our pleasure to help you and your fiancé celebrate this special occasion. We hope to welcome you both back soon!
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I'm so happy to be writing this review after such a pleasant stay!
My partner and I started our holiday here from Australia last month. We had four nights in a premier suite. You really need at least a junior suite unless you are used to the smaller size of hotel rooms in NYC. Coming from Australia, we like space.

Pulling up in the limo and walking into the place was exciting - very cool NYC establishment; loved the artwork in the lobby with the electric panels etc, the staff were friendly and efficient and we got to our suite in no time.

Beautiful suite, divine bed, no real noise from the street except the odd ambulance - but really, it's NYC, it's never gonna be silent!

Bathrooms were a real highlight too! Stunning.

We had a high floor with a sneak peek of Central Park from the bedroom. They delivered a bottle of bubbles to the suite for my birthday which was nice.

The cultural attaches were another great experience - we dealt with them to arrange Book of Mormon tickets months earlier and for advice on booking a limo from the airport.

I would call the service understated, supreme and consistent.

The restaurant attached to the hotel is SUPERB. Like, excellent. Go there immediately.

And finally of course the location is ridic. Perfectly located and you can walk to so much! Or if you want the subway, it's right there!

Selecting accommodation in NYC is bewildering - there are so many good options. We did a huge amount of research and were thrilled with our choice of Quin. It was the perfect NYC showcase for us and I would highly recommend it!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 4 days ago
BrisOutwards, we are so incredibly grateful for your superb and detailed review. Thank you so much for choosing the Quin for your recent visit to New York. It is such an honor to read that you are thrilled with your choice. We all hope to welcome you both back upon your next trip to NYC.

Been to the Quin? Share your experiences!