“OUTSTANDING HOTEL IN MANHATTAN” 5 of 5 stars
Review of the Quin

Save Saved
You added the Quin to your Saves list
the Quin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West 57th Street, at 6th Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
TripAdvisor Special
Ranked #32 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Cairo, Egypt
“OUTSTANDING HOTEL IN MANHATTAN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It was certainly a most enjoyable experience for my wife and myself to stay at the " Quin " during our visit to New York from October 7 to 18 , 2014 . The " Quin " is an outstanding hotel in all aspects . We look forward to return to the " Quin " again , and have already started recommending the hotel to all our friends . We greatly appreciate the courtesy and excellent service accorded to us from the entire staff , including from the General Manager, Ms Holly Breuche , which exceeded our expectations . I am grateful that when I called the mobile phone indicated on the hotel card on the evening of October 17 , aiming to ask the concierge to book a table at a restaurant, I was surprised that Ms Breuche answered the call herself , and personally booked the table . We were well received at the restaurant courtesy of the " Quin " General Manager . We were extremely touched by this kind gesture .

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Kingwood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Quin is an exceptional hotel. From the moment we arrived, 3+ hours before regular check in, we were welcomed. Within moments, we were introduced to the staff, congratulated on our wedding anniversary, and shown to our room. Our room was spacious, especially by NYC standards, clean, well equipped, and well thought out. The overall feeling was that of a quality spa. There was very little that was not thought of with regard to guest comfort: quality robes & slippers, high end amenities, state of art technology, an extremely comfortable bed, gorgeous linens, a safe for our belongings, a mini bar with a HUGE array of choices, an umbrella, & plush towels. When we returned daily, it was with pleasure. We were even surprised with champagne upon our return our first day! The staff was absolutely wonderful! We were greeted by name each time we came and went and everyone was attentive. The attaché staff was extremely helpful, no matter how many questions we had. A special nod to Peter, whose help was insightful and allowed us to experience NYC the way we had hoped to do and more. He spent time with us, carefully going over maps, explaining different options, and made suggestions that saved us money and allowed us to try things that we hadn’t thought possible. Even when he wasn’t available, we still were impressed with the patience, kindness, and knowledge of the staff. I have also never seen a better dressed and groomed staff! Fantastic! The Quin location is excellent. We were literally 1 corner from Central Park, close to a Metro Station, numerous restaurants, shopping, The Met, and so much more. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

After researching hotels in NYC online, we decided on The Quin to celebrate my birthday. The location two blocks from Central Park is great! It's a very contemporary hotel with the most technology I've ever seen in a hotel room. One iPad device will alter the climate, raise/lower the shades, provide music, and control the lighting. The beds are only a year old and very comfortable. We booked two Deluxe rooms to accommodate family. Our room was upgraded, and it was spacious. Our son's room, a Deluxe, was quite small. Roger, the Director of Guest Services, was fantastic! He welcomed us and provided attention to every detail, including a beautiful and delicious birthday cake. The only negative was the lack of lighting in the room. The service was excellent, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was offered during check in a room with a disappointed view. I asked for room change and I was offered the next day a corner room with an amazing view. The staff was very polite and helpful. The hotel location is great and two minutes far from central park and near main shopping areas.

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, yesterday
Marwan A, thank you for your amazing review! We're delighted to have been able to accommodate your requests and ensure a satisfying experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Thanks for this wonderful hotel, it has a great location close to everything. Morever the hotel staff and interior are just amazing. They have never disappointed me. This was my second trip to the Quin and hopeful to stay there more often.

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, yesterday
fadifaqih, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us again. We are so grateful for your wonderful review and loyalty, and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
drlena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Hotel is a newly refurbished property, decor was beautiful and service outstanding. Across the street from Carnegie Hall, 2 blocks from central park, and a 15 min. walk from Lincoln center and Times Square/Broadway shows-the location was perfect for my first visit to NYC. I ordered room service my first night in and was served a ridiculously good burger and fries. I mentioned that I was in town for a professional exam, and my last day found a box of chocolates and hand written note wishing me luck!

I've read reviews complaining about the air conditioning, I didn't think it was too loud at all. And the room was really quiet. One day there was a jack hammer going on outside and I didn't hear a think in my room.

I will definitely stay here on my next trip...

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 4 days ago
drlena, thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are so glad to have been able to support you with outstanding service and a quiet ambiance as you prepared for your exam. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Just stayed for a night while in NYC for business. Loved the arty vibe of the hotel. Excellent location to walk to meetings in Mid-Town. The staff was friendly and professional. Although the room was quite small and a bit dark (window faced into an alley), the decor was stylish, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was surprisingly large and well laid-out. Also, free wifi was a plus. I would definitely consider staying here again when I'm in NYC.

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 4 days ago
avocatquivoyages, thank you for your great review! We're delighted to know that our staff and location helped make your recent business trip convenient and comfortable. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back upon your next visit!

Been to the Quin? Share your experiences!