“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of the Quin

Save Saved
You added the Quin to your Saves list
the Quin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West 57th Street, at 6th Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
TripAdvisor Special
Ranked #32 of 449 hotels in New York City
Perth, Australia
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Quin is exceptional. The staff, from the doormen to the check in to the housekeeping were fantastic. The rooms are right on trend with bedding that is so comfortable you don't want to get out.
The Quin's proximity to everything was great. ... Central Park around the corner as with subway station.
Have stayed in more expensive hotels in New York City but The Quin is by far the best!!
The staff also make a stay at The Quin one to remember.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 3 days in the end of June for Business. Hotel is very conveniently located on 57th st. My welcome at checkin was first class. When arriving at my room (905) I was quite supprised at hwo cramped it was, it was so small that it was impossible to open a normal 24 inch suitcase on the floor anywhere exept right in the passageway. What made matters worse was the window mounted air conditioning units. This was extremely noisy, and absolutely not expected in a 5 star hotel, The window faced an old internal shaft .
I went back down to the lobby and asked for a different room but for that evening they were booked solid but they promised me they would get me a new room the next day. I was moved to 915 the next day, this was a nice room facing 57th st. It was larger, but not large. Some of the same problems here with the airconditioning, very noisy. the hotel also has very old windows that are not double insolated so there is a lot of trafic noise. I am sure this is worse at lower floors.

The hotel interiors are beautiful and the rooms are beutifully appointed, bathrooms as well. A lot of cool tecknical features that I really enjoyed.

All in all, the staff was great, hotel and rooms are beautiful, the reason this hotel only got 3 stars from me is the following:
1. air Conditioning Units that are very noisy
2. Small Rooms
3 Old windows that dont protect against noise from the steet.

This is not a 5 star in my view because of the issues above

I noticed some people are mentioning that NYC hotel rooms are small. I travel to the city several tmes a year and this is absolutely not my impression, usually if you stay in 4 or five star hotels they are quite roomy.

If the hotesl get a New AC solution, Double insulated windows and join and convert some of the smaller rooms to Junior suites I would come back, otherwise not.

Free wifi worked great all over the hotel

Room Tip: Avoid any floor room ending in 05
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I travel to NYC several times a year but this was a special experience. This was my first time staying at the Quin (recommendation from a colleague at work) and will definitely be staying again. I will admit the rooms are small but are spaced well. My only complaint is the air conditioning. Very loud! The Quin itself is immaculate. While many places in NYC seem to stop caring about the presentation of the property in the early mornings, such as room service littering the hallways, the Quin was a pleasant surprise as it seems to pride itself on presentation. But the true highlight of this hotel is the staff. Traveling to top tier hotels in NYC you expect a certain level of service but the staff at the Quin truly takes it to a new level. First, Dolly at the front desk amazing. I had arrived at the Quin after a delayed fight and late for a meeting. Dolly expediated my check-in and had a car for me within 5 minutes! Second, Lauren, the attach, was amazing! My wife arrived the following day and I was lost without a place to dine. "Not a problem, I"ll handle it." she said. Within no time Lauren had set us up at exclusive restaurant for an amazing evening. In short for an individual that travels: comfortable rooms, beautiful hotel and great service. Will definitely be back!

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Michael l, thank you for your great review! I am honored to share your thoughts with Dolly, Lauren, and the entire team, as we do indeed take great pride in our presentation and services. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon!
North Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The location is perfect, within walking distance of some of the sights, bus tours, and easy access to taxi's and subways. The rooms are very comfortable. Love love love the espresso machine in the rooms, fluffy bath towels, just really comfy. The bed was soooo comfortable....didn't want to get up in the morning! The most impressive aspect was the staff....all staff. No matter who you run into or have an interaction with, that person is friendly, courteous, and very professional. By far, one of the best hotel's I've ever been in. Highly recommend it. They will treat you so well!

Room Tip: Definitely have a meal in their restaurant...fabulous! Room we had had a great view off the main en...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 2 days ago
IDA V, thank you for your amazing review and recommendation! I am very proud to read that you were impressed with our staff, above all. It was our pleasure to serve you, and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and is was everything you expect in a 5 star hotel. We had the deluxe room and had a good amount of space. The beds are extremely comfortable and the bathrooms are very nice. We looked at the superior room and I would say don't get anything less than the deluxe because you get added room and you get a city view. The fitness room has the most high tech equipment and weights. The hotel is in a great location, minutes from 5th ave and Central Park. The bellman is always waiting at the door opening it for you. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help. Will stay here again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Cruisetraveler3, thank you for your excellent review! We're so glad to have exceeded your expectations during your 4 day trip to New York City, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Quin soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Good afternoon! Staying at The Quin was a superlative hotel experience! I must rave. I have never been treated with greater respect, care and warmth from a team of winning first class people in my life. Luciana was so warm and welcoming upon my arrival. Frankly the entire staff was beyond excellent. I honestly felt they cared about my stay and my welfare here in NY. The beautiful and tasteful surroundings, technology and exquisite artwork only added to the experience. The cleanliness of the room and the service was outstanding. I wish I could somehow extend a gift to all the people who made this unquestionably the finest and most unforgettable stay in all my years of travel. It's clear from leadership to all parties who attend to guest's needs, this is a brilliant, shining example of how a hotel should be run. Thank you so very much!!! I quote the conversation I had with your staff upon leaving, "I am as passionate about your hotel as your staff!" Your hotel is quintessentially the best of the best!!!

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 2 days ago
marygK3747GV, I am deeply honored by your superlative review. It's incredibly inspiring to read such heartfelt thoughts about your experience. Thank you so much for your generous feedback. Your words and patronage are truly a gift to us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is well located at 57th and 6th Avenues--two great subway stations each a block away, Central Park 2 blocks away, and all the shops on 5th Avenue nearby, too. We were able to walk to all the midtown New York highlights. The rooms are beautiful and quite comfortable with easy to operate draperies and lights, the hotel staff is very service-oriented, and there is a wonderful restaurant adjacent to the lobby with a very local-feeling atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Martha R, thank you for your great review! We're delighted to read that you were able to fully take advantage of our location and that you appreciated our service-oriented staff. We hope to welcome you back to the Quin during your next visit to New York City!

Been to the Quin? Share your experiences!