“Excellent Service and Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of the Quin

Save Saved
You added the Quin to your Saves list
the Quin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West 57th Street, at 6th Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
TripAdvisor Special
Ranked #26 of 452 hotels in New York City
Arizona
“Excellent Service and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed at the Quin for 9 nights at the end of April. The service was exemplary at all levels and from all the staff. They were thoughtful and caring and the staff appeared quite content to be working at the Quin. It was an easy walk to Central Park and Broadway shows. Carnegie Hall was right on our street. The room was very clean and the amenities were perfectly suited to many needs. A great deal of care and follow-up was evident and appreciated...I would love to stay at the Quin again....LT, Tempe, Arizona

Room Tip: I had a room on a high floor and it was very quiet except for the air-conditioning.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
LATArizona, thank you for your excellent review. It's gratifying for all of us to read that you found our service to be exemplary at all levels. It was our pleasure to ensure your experience was perfectly suited to your needs, and we too would love to have you stay with us again soon.

432 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a longer weekend. The hotel is in a very good location, relatively quiet part of Manhattan. The service is very professional and helpful. We enjoyed their modern look and equipment. The room was big enough, considering you are staying in New York ;-) It is quite pricey, but overall a very good tip if you are looking for modern and uncomplicated place to stay. Loved the black-out blinds available at your finger tip via the room operating tablet. The cleaning staff were fantastic and it was great to come back to a tidy room at night too. Will defintiely come back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Richard H, thank you for your fantastic review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s a privilege to have earned your loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Menlo Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel is well located, cheerful, excellent customer service. Would have given it five stars had it not been for the discomfort of the beds. Would stay there again and highly recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Olfat2013, thank you for your wonderful review. Your enthusiastic recommendations are much appreciated, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!
cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

well we stayed in the quin for 2 nights arrving on the 4th of may.On the first night we had an issue as the room was noisy and we didnt sleep well but Jim in reception didnt take long to get us a room which was much quiter with no view.We were not worried about a biew so it suited us fine.This room was 701 so if you are looking for a quite room,go for this one.

The hotel is very nice and has great staff and is within easy walking distance to everywhere.

We got room service one night and it was nice although pricey

We would have no hessitation in recommending the Quin hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a lite sleeper,then get a room facing the back of the hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Snuggycork, on behalf of Jim and the entire team, thank you for your great review. Thank you also for allowing us to find accommodations that better suited your needs during your stay. We’re delighted you enjoyed a lovely visit, and we hope to welcome you back to the Quin upon your next trip to New York City.
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

When I go to NYC I always stay at the Crosby St. It's the perfect hotel for me in a lot of ways; but it's gotten quite expensive, so I am open to an alternative. A friend in the Travel biz recommended the Quin. He had just inspected it and was impressed.

As usual, I checked out the reviews on here and they seemed pretty good. So, clicking through from Tripadvisor I made a direct reservation with the hotel. I completed the transaction online and about a week later realized I couldn't find the confirmation.

I picked up the phone and spoke to a woman in the reservation dept. She told me that, yes indeed I had made a reservation. I asked her what was my rate and she told me that since the trip was booked through Tripadvisor she could not tell me. I was confused. I've used links off this website many times before and never had a problem. She said she had no information about my planned stay because of the way I booked it and told me to bring up my problem with Tripadvisor. What?

I also didn't think I had made my reservation through Tripadvisor, because I didn't think Tripadvisor is in the travel booking business. The are a review and referral site. For lack of a better path forward, I contacted Tripadvisor. (BTW Tripadvisor makes it impossible for you to call them which is annoying when you want to clear something up quickly.) About 24 hours later, I got a letter back telling me what I already knew: Tripadvisor is not a booking engine and I could not have booked my reservation through them.

So, now I called the hotel back and asked to speak to a supervisor. I told the woman what had happened, and she said she did not see a reservation for me at all (even though another woman had the day before). I told her I had made it through Tripadvisor and about the conversation I had the first time I called. The response was a fair amount of heavy typing and silence. Eventually, she asked if I could hold. She returned to the line after about 5 mintues and said they were just typing up my confirmation and I could expect it any minute now! What? Huh? It's a week later! You just told me I didn't have a reservation at all... I hate being treated like I'm stupid, even if I really am.

Listen, things go awry all the time when you travel. But the Quin lied to me (you didn't make your reservation through us, you made your reservation through Tripadvisor; I had not, I made it through the hotel's own website). They said dumb, untrue things ("we can't tell you your rate because the reservation was not through us.") I don't know how booking engines work, but how would then know what to charge me if they didn't have a rate associated with my name.

Finally, they expected me to accept something that made no sense at all as if it were logical (we're just typing your reservation now!) I didn't even get a cursory apology. That sucks, huh?

My first response was to make a reservation at the Crosby while I decide what this says about my potential stay. I don't know if I am comfortable that I'll get the kind of service I look for at a hotel where truth is an elusive, sketchy thing.

What kind of first impression is that?

Room Tip: Ask yourself: Is the hotel better than their front office?
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
RonK_LA, I am sincerely sorry for the frustration caused by your reservations process. There were indeed several errors made by our reservations department, and retraining will be done to address this immediately. Please be assured that this unfortunate situation is not indicative of the trustworthy excellence we strive to uphold in all our services. Regrettably, we have disappointed you, and I would appreciate the chance to personally ensure that your visit more accurately reflects the superior experience you should expect. I can be reached at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com at your convenience.
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Like the beauty of their interest in the details of all the corners in the hotel ..
Extremely loved the DUXIANA mattress ..
We asked for a food without a wine and we got it ..
Excellent Service and above the high end from all the hotel staff ..

The Quin Hotel .. You have made my stay more comfortable and unforgettable.. Thank you ( SURE WE WILL COME BACK AGAIN )

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Malghfli, thank you for your excellent review! We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed a comfortable and unforgettable stay with us. It is a privilege to earn your loyalty, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Quin in the future.
Orinda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

The Quin is a lovely hotel in a great location. Service is superb. The staff to a person was fabulous- helpful kind but not cloying or snotty. They responded to every request quickly and kindly. We stayed in a lovely one bedroom suite . Not huge but then again this is NYC so one should not expect large spaces. We had a full bath and a great half bath. Modern simple soothing design. Two blocks to Central Park. The restaurant connected to the hotel- The Wayfarer- was very good. Only complaint, and unfortunately this is a major one- relates to the A/C, or lack thereof. This obviously was not a purpose built hotel...rather a conversion of an office building or older condo building. The heater/A/C units are large older boxes located in each room- one in the bedroom and one in the living area. They are NOISY! And unfortunately, they really do not work. The front desk sent an engineer up to our room to work on it and the units worked slightly better. But not well enough. We woke up repeatedly during the night either because we were so hot or because the noise of the A/C units. I regret having to mention this but if we experienced this in early May then I can only think how bad it will be in the depth of the summer heat/humidity. If The Quin can resolve this issue then they will have an excellent hotel. Small boutique, fabulous staff and location. It truly pains me to have to comment on the A/C but it interfered with our sleep and bottom line you rent a hotel room for sleep.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Sftcat, thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted to read you enjoyed our superb services, but please allow me to personally apologize for the discomfort caused by your air conditioner. I’m sorry that we were unable to effectively resolve this for you during your stay. We will be further inspecting this unit because of your notes, and if I may be of further assistance, please feel free to reach out to me directly at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Been to the Quin? Share your experiences!